Hi! I can't believe I am in the job market again. I only lasted 7 weeks in a sales job. I have done retail previously, and I did not realize this would be a much more aggressive type position. My manager liked me, but the other salesman, who admits he is an aggressive type A jerk, didn't think I was a fit. So he schemed with my boss' boss to get rid of me. I suspect this bodes poorly for the manager that liked me ...

I keep seeing jobs posted at a company I used to work for. They have very high turnover because of the manager. Everybody has told the owner (it is a remote location for a big company with offices in several states). This high turnover has been going on since that woman was hired as the manager. I don't see what she is good at; she seems to be a ditz who is afraid of anybody she thinks is smarter than her, so she intimidates employees until they quit. Why wouldn't the company get rid of her? They could have the cream of the crop employees back. I don't get it. Many people who left there told them she is the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately at one job, it really wasnt a good fit for me, the manager I was an assistant to was a problem too. When I did quit, I ended up mentioning she didnt communicate well with the employees, the district manager said she was good with numbers....never ceases to amaze me! Many will overlook character flaws if they can do the job. :( I thought people skills were important with managerial positions. I am in similar positions in my career and take pride in how I deal with others which include employees.

Edited by ON MY OWN
  • 2 weeks later...
I m David pole get here lot of new friends

I newly registered user in this forum. Nice community and forum

hey yeah this i nice forum and its help people to talk to others about stuff .stuff you may not want to tell friends or family lol nice to see you guys join am taya

Sales jobs are tough long hours, weekends, quotas, angry people...

If you are set on being in sales best of luck....

I have worked in a few fields and sales rooms to know that most sales managers male or female are jerks... just because they can be...

I think some of it has to do with the fact that they struggled and feel Like you should too.

Sales jobs are tough long hours, weekends, quotas, angry people...

If you are set on being in sales best of luck....

I have worked in a few fields and sales rooms to know that most sales managers male or female are jerks... just because they can be...

I think some of it has to do with the fact that they struggled and feel Like you should too.

yeah just dont give up tho people are always going to try and bring you down dont let them, keep getting up and fight if it doesnt work out try again and again and be confident and strong in your self i have learn in this life nothing comes easy

hey yeah this i nice forum and its help people to talk to others about stuff .stuff you may not want to tell friends or family lol nice to see you guys join am taya

Why do you think that is? Why is it easier to talk about your job status with strangers on the internet instead of your family and friends?

I keep seeing jobs posted at a company I used to work for. They have very high turnover because of the manager. Everybody has told the owner (it is a remote location for a big company with offices in several states). This high turnover has been going on since that woman was hired as the manager. I don't see what she is good at; she seems to be a ditz who is afraid of anybody she thinks is smarter than her, so she intimidates employees until they quit. Why wouldn't the company get rid of her? They could have the cream of the crop employees back. I don't get it. Many people who left there told them she is the problem.

Of course people who left would say she is the problem.

I work on a sales floor though I'm an Analyst, sales staff turnover is very high. The job pays well, commission is very good in our company, you don't need a degree for this kind of job but the hours can be unsocial, the pressure high and many will leave within a few weeks.

In our company people either leave within a few months or they stay for years, at the end of the day money talks so if the owners are satisfied the money is brought in, there will be no changes.

What you need to bear in mind is that sales has a longevity issue, most guys burn out by the time they hit 40, certainly 45 - unless they can progress to a manager role

Why do you think that is? Why is it easier to talk about your job status with strangers on the internet instead of your family and friends?

if you read back over what i say ..i say its a nice forum it helps people meaning it dont have to be her but people on here to talk about stuff they may not want to tell family or friends or may not even have anyon eles to even talk to.......... just telling her about this site and how it help some people