Recently I joined a new workplace. There is this very good looking man around 36-37 who is in a senior position but does not belong to my division. As a person,, whatever I have seen in the workplace, he is very reserved and I have hardly seen him talking to anybody or mixing around. We had a formal introduction and a meeting. And after that, he always wished me with a smile when we met occasionally in the hallway. I thought that he was being just a professional. But what is different is when we used to meet, he used to give a wee bit longer eye contact with a broad smile till I used to be close enough for him to say hi. I also used to say hi with a smile. But he used to be the one to say it first. I also maintained eye contact and wished him...Then I started seeing him everywhere, whenever I left my place. At times we just happened to look at each other for a second and I looked away. And then I found myself many a times eye locked for few seconds every now and then...Once or twice this happened when I used to talk to someone, I turned around to find him passing by....and find him looking at me. Though both of us sit far from each other I found him looking at me when I got up to fetch things. So there were lots of eye contacts involved from near and far. Although he never said anything, I guess his eyes did the trick. And eventually I could feel that I was attracted towards him and slowly developed a crush. Then I found out that he is married with 2 kids. As such I get weak in my knees, skip heartbeats and act like a nut when he is around. Once it was in a departmental store I saw him with his family and he was just a few meters away from me. But I was so nervous and just to avoid the awkwardness I pretended as if I did not see him and went off. But he did see me, I’m sure, but he did not say his usual hi. Since then, I hardly see him in the workplace hallway. I rarely meet him nowadays. Once or twice we bumped into each other. He avoided looking at me directly and muttered a quick sorry. I feel he is avoiding me. Nowadays at time he passes by my desk but looks just straight. Earlier he used to look at me with a smile. I feel like a fool now. What did I do? So I’m also not raking things up. But I really want to know what was it?? Sometimes I really think about him…and it’s like telepathy he passes through my desk at least twice on that particular day. I don’t know what’s going on. Can somebody interpret? I get no logic. At one time, I had this strong gut feeling that he is certainly going to talk to me but....

but...

...you were a role model to other malicious people in not pursuing a married man and ruining what could be a very happy family.

Kudos to you both for not elevating it. That could have ended in tears on both parts.

Good girl, I admire you for not jumping at it right away.

Flirting in the office is normal. Sure, he gave signs of interest as probably did you too.

None of you went further, which is good.

Don't pursue this, it seems as though you both knew enough not to push for more and respected the boundaries. The supermarket tale was very telling.

He hasn't and you haven't made a direct move yet, so let it go.

I suggest you leave it there. Lots of other SINGLE guys out there.

:)

• Author
Good girl, I admire you for not jumping at it right away.

Thanks oldskl:) I'm trying hard not to jump into any mess.....And why should I if the man himself is concious of his boundaries...irresistable! but I'm sure not to fall into this trap...

You know this is the only positive comment I have had so far...

Tell me what do I do when I at times I see him here and there.........old things just flood in...but I make sure I don't look at his eyes now. Even he avoids looking at me...hope to wade thru this very soon...

Thanks again for understanding!

No problem! It's too easy to point fingers, but nothing bad has really been done.

It's easy to fall into the trap of wanting what you can't have though. Just avoid that.

Both you guys have been very respectful so far. It's too easy to lead to temptation. And what is that worth?

Pursuing a guy who is already involved elsewhere is exciting and somewhat 'a challenge'. But it won't really last. Ask yourself, if he did make a move, do you REALLY want to be with a guy who easily left/cheated on a wife/partner with children!? No way! That would make him a bad man.

If he went astray then for you; odds say he would equally ditch you just the same way in the future at some point.

Plenty of other unmarried nice guys out there ;)