If someone is trying to get you a job shouldn't communicate with you??

My cousin introduced to me to a person in my field to help me get a job and she is gave my resume to certain people in her company since it's a large organization. So today I receive a call from someone in her company to schedule a interview and I was confused because I have not been applying to jobs in the past 3 weeks.

So it looks like the person who my cousin introduced me to gave the person a copy of my resume but wouldn't it have made sense for her to send me a email or call me to let me know so I would be expecting the call? So the guy called today and i was out and he left the office early so I have to call back on Monday.

I also found it odd that the guy who left the message didn't state how he received my resume. All he said was..."I received your resume" but never said from who or from where because like I said I have not applied to any jobs since the 2nd week of August.

So on Monday hopefully I can set up a interview

Edited by PhillyDude

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

However it came about, you now have an interview to arrange.

Good luck with the interview! If you get the job, you owe the person who sent out your resume a thanks and perhaps dinner.

• Like 1
  • Author
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

However it came about, you now have an interview to arrange.

Good luck with the interview! If you get the job, you owe the person who sent out your resume a thanks and perhaps dinner.

I;m thankful I just want to be notified that's all. How easy is it to send a email saying...I gave your resume to Bob from.....and you should be receiving a call

That's all I want

I;m thankful I just want to be notified that's all. How easy is it to send a email saying...I gave your resume to Bob from.....and you should be receiving a call

That's all I want

You don't know that's exactly how he got your resume, he could have been the second, third, fourth person in the chain.

If you really want to know, ask Bob how he got your resume when you speak to him. However, I think it's a redundant question.

I know you're annoyed that you got caught unprepared but sometimes things like this happen because follow-through falls through the gaps, especially when one is busy at work. She did you a favour. Sent it out and she didn't even know you. It probably got passed on again and now you have this interview. Overall, she did you a favour. Perhaps it wasn't exactly as you would have planned, but nonetheless, the outcome was good. Focus on that and prepping for the interview. Your mental energy would be of much better use in those areas than on this minor detail.

• Author
You don't know that's exactly how he got your resume, he could have been the second, third, fourth person in the chain.

If you really want to know, ask Bob how he got your resume when you speak to him. However, I think it's a redundant question.

I know you're annoyed that you got caught unprepared but sometimes things like this happen because follow-through falls through the gaps, especially when one is busy at work. She did you a favour. Sent it out and she didn't even know you. It probably got passed on again and now you have this interview. Overall, she did you a favour. Perhaps it wasn't exactly as you would have planned, but nonetheless, the outcome was good. Focus on that and prepping for the interview. Your mental energy would be of much better use in those areas than on this minor detail.

Yeah I guess I will find out how he received the resume when I call on Monday morning. I did some reading about the job online and it involves a little traveling but since I know my UC is scheduled to run out after 12/29 I can look for the PERFECT job any longer.

Not sure if I;m qualified because in the ad it said car preferred and I don't have a car. So I will find out on Monday

Yes, you'll find out when you speak to Bob. Preference just means that it will be an advantage but is not a strict criterion.

Good luck for Monday and the interview, PhillyDude!

Edited by january2011
  • Author
Yes, you'll find out when you speak to Bob. Preference just means that it will be an advantage but is not a strict criterion.

Good luck for Monday and the interview, PhillyDude!

Thanks.

I planned on asking the person who has been helping me find a job did she submit my resume to the guy who called me today. Should I even bother asking and just found out when I call him on Monday?

That's all I want

I understand, but really, these could be very busy people. And yours might not have been the only résumé.

It would be kinda cool to get a great job and not*really* know how it happened!

If you really want to know her side of the story so that you can move on from thinking about this, then speak to her.

Mention that you heard from Bob and you'll be arranging an interview with him. Then ask her if he was one the original people that she forwarded your resume to. Even if he wasn't, the interview was the result of her actions, so thank her anyway. You might also want to take this opportunity to ask her for any tips for the interview. Finish off by saying that you'll let her know how it goes.

I'd suggest not showing that you are a little miffed that she didn't give you a heads up. Keep remembering that she did you a favour.

And as I suggested earlier, if you get the job, ask her out to dinner to say thank you.

If you're able to work out how Bob got your resume, then you definitely don't need to bring it up with Bob on Monday.

Edited by january2011
  • Author
If you really want to know her side of the story so that you can move on from thinking about this, then speak to her.

Mention that you heard from Bob and you'll be arranging an interview with him. Then ask her if he was one the original people that she forwarded your resume to. Even if he wasn't, the interview was the result of her actions, so thank her anyway. You might also want to take this opportunity to ask her for any tips for the interview. Finish off by saying that you'll let her know how it goes.

I'd suggest not showing that you are a little miffed that she didn't give you a heads up. Keep remembering that she did you a favour.

And as I suggested earlier, if you get the job, ask her out to dinner to say thank you.

If you're able to work out how Bob got your resume, then you definitely don't need to bring it up with Bob on Monday.

No I don't plan to bring it up when I talk to Bob, I will let him do that. Also she is married so I can't show my appreciation with dinner.

• Author
I understand, but really, these could be very busy people. And yours might not have been the only résumé.

It would be kinda cool to get a great job and not*really* know how it happened!

That's how i got a job in 2005, had no idea how I got it but was just thankful.

It was from some type of behind the scene connection

No I don't plan to bring it up when I talk to Bob, I will let him do that. Also she is married so I can't show my appreciation with dinner.

Okay, perhaps you can just say that you, "owe her one." A favour, that is.

I think that a person trying to get you a job is enough; they aren't obliged to report to you. You sound … not exactly grateful for the effort gone to on your behalf.

• Like 2
  • Author
I think that a person trying to get you a job is enough; they aren't obliged to report to you. You sound … not exactly grateful for the effort gone to on your behalf.

Oh ok so you want me to be caught off guard when someone calls me, I see

• Author

So I called back this morning at 9:30am and the guy calls back at 1:45pm and scheduled me for a interview on

September 19th at 1pm because this week is filled up because he didn't get in touch with me on Friday?:confused:

Why even go to the interview since it's so far in advance? Does this sound strange to anyone else? Of course I'm not taking this interview seriously because it's so next wednesday.

So I called back this morning at 9:30am and the guy calls back at 1:45pm and scheduled me for a interview on

September 19th at 1pm because this week is filled up because he didn't get in touch with me on Friday?:confused:

Why even go to the interview since it's so far in advance? Does this sound strange to anyone else? Of course I'm not taking this interview seriously because it's so next wednesday.

You didn't bother calling him back until today, and in the interim his schedule filled up. An interview 9 days from now due to scheduling conflicts isn't exactly that far in advance.

• Author
The way I look at it is that you have more time to prepare.

Be grateful that people are still knocking on your door, PhillyDude.

Well he stated that since they are closed next Mon and Tue because of the Jewish Holiday so that's why it's next wednesday

Im just surprised that he even called back since he was unable to fit me in the schedule this week. You would think that I would have missed out by not being available on Friday

I always slipped up and asked this question when he said sept 19th

"How soon are you looking to fill this position?

LOL

• Author
He must like your resume.

Just go in with an open mind.

And good luck!

I;m not even allowing myself to look at it as a interview. I will treat this as a networking opportunity and a chance to gain a new connection.

• Author

I still have a ongoing issue with this interview

1. I left a message for the girl to call me back on friday in regards to the job and she has yet to respond

2. The job ad says a car is preferred for the position so that';s why I wanted to speak with her because I don't have a vehicle

I;m very pissed off right now

• Author
Reading your posts, it sounds like you really don't want a job. Be honest with yourself. You complain about everything.

Should i bring up the car issue at the interview

Should i bring up the car issue at the interview

No. A lot of employers require transportation. Don't volunteer that unless asked.

• Like 1
Oh ok so you want me to be caught off guard when someone calls me, I see

Erm... yes. The ability to think on your feet - ie take an unexpected call and deal with it appropriately - is required in most jobs. You are a very rigid and inflexible person