Does male colleague like me?

Hi,

I feel like a teenage girl writing this but I have been out of the dating game for years and just am just recently single again. This is a bit long so hope some of you will read till the end :o

I started working at this job about 2 months ago. The guy that interviewed me and decided he wants me has now become a good friend (he also admits we are good friends). He is not my supervisor or anything. We have great chemistry and it doesn't happen often.

Anyway, for the past few weeks we have been car pooling and have gotten closer. I am not sure if he likes me or is just friendly. We do stare at each other often and laugh a lot at stupid things or for no reason. Honestly, we act like 2 teenagers and we are over 30 yrs old. He teases me and I tease him. He sometimes copies me and laughs at me but not in a mean way.

We always eat together alone or with other people and I find that we so far have always ended up sitting next to each other. He always asks me if i am coming to eat.

There isn't too much touching though. The other day he bought the car to the parking lot under our work place as we park a bit far (as we are only allowed to park in the work parking after a certain hour). The next day I asked him where the car is so he said same place as where we parked in the morning. I said 'pity' so- he asked if i want him to bring the car to the office parking. I said no it's fine. It turns out that he went to bring the car after I asked him- i really appreciated it.

Today, he was helping me out and to log on to my computer at work you need your fingerprint. He took my finger and pressed it on the screen. It took me by surprise as I could have done it alone. Then he asked me if he could pour water over me-i said i dare u to so the dear guy poured a bit of water over me.

On the way back home he teased me again and said he hopes I know he is only joking with me. Also, I am not that innocent -in the car i do make sexual remarks and I figure if he had a problem with that he wouldn't hang out with me. If I don't make any sexual comments he asks me if I am tired today or have a headache :o

I can't figure him out-likes me just as a friend or is a bit attracted to me. On the one hand he is an excellent worker and serious guy but on the other hand he is childish. I like that :D

I had the same happen to me some months ago.

My male coworker was really into me, from day 1. He teased me, followed me like a doggie, smiled, cracked jokes with me, we laughed so much and I fell in love with his spontaneity and the connection.

It was heaven.

Then I didn't know what to do with those feelings... until one day, I went out during lunch break and he followed me. In the elevator the tension between us was so high. He suggested we grabbed a coffee together.We talked, well mostly he talked. He asked some questions about me though... mmm...

Then like with you, he drove me to my car (3 times to be exact)...

I was sick of the attention, cos he didn't make a move, until i proposed we go grab some cupcakes after work. He said he wanted to date me and I accepted.

It was more than heaven.

4 days later he wanted to get sexual with me and we had a verbal fight about getting serious and stuff. He confessed he got out of a long term relationship just a few months ago and he's maybe trying to go back to his ex and that he doesn't want anything serious right now.

What I'm trying to say here is, be careful, try to ask about his dating history, maybe ask his coworkers (people warned me about mine, but i was too much caught up with emotions..)

In sum, guard your heart in case it doesn't work out, be discrete at work, cos you're still at work and sometimes office romances can pollute the work atmosphere once the romance goes sour (you never know)

He is definitely interested in you, at least for the social banter. A lot of guys these days seem to do this friendly flirting, and hang back and see if the woman makes a move. Their egos love it, plus it is safer.

But you are forgetting to look out for your own job safety, possibly. I am sure people already suspect you are an item. Some people may not like it. If you like the job, starting a relationship with him could endanger your position. Which do you want more? How well do you know the guy? Acting now would be fun and spontaneous, but for all you know, this guy does this with every new woman.

If possible, observe interactions in the office and get to know the culture a little. That would be the smart thing to do. I offer this from my experience, because I did not do this and it didn't go well for me. It turned out this was a job I would have loved to have kept. I lost it when the economy went bad. I don't know if the relationship was a factor in my being cut or my not being hired back.

Hi,

I feel like a teenage girl writing this but I have been out of the dating game for years and just am just recently single again. This is a bit long so hope some of you will read till the end :o

I started working at this job about 2 months ago. The guy that interviewed me and decided he wants me has now become a good friend (he also admits we are good friends). He is not my supervisor or anything. We have great chemistry and it doesn't happen often.

Anyway, for the past few weeks we have been car pooling and have gotten closer. I am not sure if he likes me or is just friendly. We do stare at each other often and laugh a lot at stupid things or for no reason. Honestly, we act like 2 teenagers and we are over 30 yrs old. He teases me and I tease him. He sometimes copies me and laughs at me but not in a mean way.

We always eat together alone or with other people and I find that we so far have always ended up sitting next to each other. He always asks me if i am coming to eat.

There isn't too much touching though. The other day he bought the car to the parking lot under our work place as we park a bit far (as we are only allowed to park in the work parking after a certain hour). The next day I asked him where the car is so he said same place as where we parked in the morning. I said 'pity' so- he asked if i want him to bring the car to the office parking. I said no it's fine. It turns out that he went to bring the car after I asked him- i really appreciated it.

Today, he was helping me out and to log on to my computer at work you need your fingerprint. He took my finger and pressed it on the screen. It took me by surprise as I could have done it alone. Then he asked me if he could pour water over me-i said i dare u to so the dear guy poured a bit of water over me.

On the way back home he teased me again and said he hopes I know he is only joking with me. Also, I am not that innocent -in the car i do make sexual remarks and I figure if he had a problem with that he wouldn't hang out with me. If I don't make any sexual comments he asks me if I am tired today or have a headache :o

I can't figure him out-likes me just as a friend or is a bit attracted to me. On the one hand he is an excellent worker and serious guy but on the other hand he is childish. I like that :D