Hey guys I need serious feedback for I am super confused!! I had a job interview last Thursday..it went well because I got called in for a second one.that interview was intense but I constantly got positive feedback and they were talking like I got the job but then will switch it up.I gave the interviewers copies of a script for a presentation and they kept it and afterwards the lady told me to go to the library where I would be working and look around and introduce myself to a lady who works there who is in the same position I'm interviewing for...what does this mean?did I get the job or is it just for show.please respond I'm nervous and confused!!!

Eddie Edirol

Assume you didnt. Dont worry about it. You cant get yourself all riled up when you dont know. They might call you, they might not. They put on an act for anyone who gets close, even when they know they wont hire that person.

I just went through the same thing. I did an hour long phone interview monday, the guy called me back right away to schedule an interview for yesterday. I went in, did an hour and a half interview, got a tour around the place and was talked to like he was ready to train me. Then that guy sent me to the head of the company to do the tough interview questions for an hour. I have no idea whats going to happen, but I assume I wont hear from them again until I actually do. I just keep putting out resumes until I land one.

You should know if you have a job offer. What makes it difficult to answer you here is what level of job is this? How old are you?

In the grown up professional world, offer letters are common. Interview process of weeks in front of teams and other employees is too.

Help us out?

• Author

Balzac..I am 25 and this is for a children's librarian..I know about the job offer thing I just asked cause its mixed signals and wanted interpretation

UpwardForward

From what you've said, perhaps they are looking at the introduction of you and your to be co-worker, and asking her approval as a courtesy/formality.

Using it as a completion process to be certain you are comfortable with the surroundings and the comfortable congeniality of you and your to be co-worker. In that the two of you will be able to work together well.

I'm sure your credentials and references are fine. What you have described is "fit" into that library culture. Best of luck to you. Keep us posted.

Starting a career involves angst, much luck is involved and just remember, you are evaluating them too!! Hang in there!

• Author

Hey guys here's an update..talked to the branch manager today to follow up and he said he was under the impression that a job offer was made to me.since hes the bm i figure he would know whos being hired under him.he gave me a few contacts and the reason I hadn't heard anything is cause some admin assistants left and paperwork wasn't complete so I think I have the job just waiting on the official! phone call.still nervous...

• Like 2

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S. ?

You must be feeling great!!!

Thanks for your update. Nothing beats a first big job offer.

Way to go.

• Author

I do and thanks Balzac...after being unemployed almost three years and working two minimum wage jobs it really does...I actually cried lol

• Like 1
I do and thanks Balzac...after being unemployed almost three years and working two minimum wage jobs it really does...I actually cried lol

Congrats that is awesome

• 3 weeks later...