Attracted to my boss - need guidance

Hi, I'm a guy in my early 30's and have started to develop feelings for my boss. We have a good rapport with each other and can talk about most topics whilst at work. She's in her early 40's and has not been in a relationship for a long time but has a great personality. She's funny and very good at her job and I tend to feel really good when I see her.

My problem is that I'm not 100% sure my feelings are reciprocated as she's a friendly person and jokes around with most people. She does occasionally seem to have quite playful body language with me and does that thing of acting kind of naive and helpless at times which I've been told by some female friends can be a flirty sign. It's starting to distract me from work now as I think about what to do next.

Any advice on what I should do? How to cope if I'm should ignore these feelings?

Appreciate any help, Thanks

ask her out for a drink or movie, you have nothiing to lose

Except your JOB. If things go sour, she is the boss remember.

• Like 2
whichwayisup

Ignore your feelings. She's your boss.

If you want to date her or ask her out, quit your job, find something else, then ask her out.

If you approach her and ask her out while being her employee, it more than likely will make things really uncomfortable if she says no. if she says yes, then everybody at work will see you as 'the pet' and getting special treatment from the boss. DON'T do it..

• Like 4

Executives are where they are usually because of great people skills. They have other talents related to the industry they choose, but one's networking talents and charisma are what keep you moving up the ladder. That's right, confidence is not just for getting dates. :p

So take it from someone who's been there, and ran the other way before I ****ed my own career over, do not read too much into her "great personality" and your "rapport". It's why she's your boss.

Now if you move on to a new job at a different company, that would make a memorable exit interview. ;)

• Author

Thanks for the advice everyone. Mario, your words were a real dose of reality. I think you've probably got it right and that I'm allowing my feelings to cloud my judgement.

I'll just leave it at attraction and try to find a more suitable woman.

Thanks again!

• Like 2

You're probably not allowed to date her. And I agree with mario. So I would try to ignore it.