I F*cked Up At Work Today

It was dumb. A stupid brain malfunction. I completely misspoke about something I was supposed to know. The meeting was about this very topic, and I was designated the one to talk to the customer. And I said it exactly opposite of what it was supposed to be. So we had to back off and promise to get our facts straight and follow up next week.

What an idiot. Someone kick me in the head. Please.

Art_Critic

Everyone messes up and customers know that, what separates the best from the chumps is how you recover from the mess up.

Wow them with your straightened out facts and everything will be cool.

• Like 4
Eternal Sunshine

Yeah, it happens to everyone.

You are most likely beating yourself over it while everybody else forgot all about it within 10 minutes.

• Like 2
  • Author

No! I'm stupid!! And I have three days to think about it.

I make mistakes here and there, but I usually just laugh them off. I do good stuff, too. But this one is eating at me.

Star Gazer

It happens to the best of us, and I'm sure it wasn't as big a deal to everyone else as it was to you.

That said, of all the people on LS, you're the last person I'd expect to make a mistake like this. You're so very...cautious.

• Like 1
  • Author

That said, of all the people on LS, you're the last person I'd expect to make a mistake like this. You're so very...cautious.

I don't like it one bit.

But I'm not sure about this cautious comment of yours. In what way am I so very... cautious?

florence of suburbia

You do like to come across as polished, at least on here.

• Like 1
Star Gazer
I don't like it one bit.

But I'm not sure about this cautious comment of yours. In what way am I so very... cautious?

You're very...weighed...and...deliberate.

• Like 1

johan holds himself to the highest standards. You can see it in the way he words his posts. I feel that is why he takes it so badly that he has messed things up for once.

• Like 1

That's how I read it , too---it came across as a compliment, the way I see it.

Circumspect, and diplomatic.

I think you'll be able to smooth things over, gracefully, just from what I've observed of your posting style. Please don't beat yourself up too hard.

I think we've all had an "Open mouth, insert foot" moment, in our lives.

(I've had several....:o)

• Like 1
I think we've all had an "Open mouth, insert foot" moment, in our lives.

(I've had several....:o)

I have called someone a moron in front of an entire office. She had been blabbering a lot of nonsense, and I just could not hold back anymore when she wondered aloud if Mahatma Gandhi was still alive (this was in 2009). Mind you she was a self professed smart and educated 23-year old woman of Indian descent.

• Author
You do like to come across as polished, at least on here.

johan holds himself to the highest standards. You can see it in the way he words his posts. I feel that is why he takes it so badly that he has messed things up for once.

I agree with this.

You all are messing with me. My posts are just like anyone else's.

florence of suburbia

Are you being sarcastic?

• Author
I have called someone a moron in front of an entire office. She had been blabbering a lot of nonsense' date=' and I just could not hold back anymore when she wondered aloud if Mahatma Gandhi was still alive (this was in 2009). Mind you she was a self professed smart and educated 23-year old woman of [b']Indian[/b] descent.

I'm sure that wasn't the first time that happened to her. Everyone knows he died in 2007.

Well, I do feel a bit more relaxed about it now. But I need to not think about it.

No we are not messing with you johan. Why would we?

• Like 1
  • Author
Are you being sarcastic?

No, not at all. My posts are just posts. I'm careful about spelling and punctuation and stuff, but otherwise I don't think they stand out.

It seems like how people perceive you is not how you perceive yourself.

I guess not.

Time for a Guinness Johan...

Oh yes. Definitely, Art. That sounds great. I just drank a cup of blueberry kefir though. I don't think those two should mix.

florence of suburbia
No, not at all. My posts are just posts. I'm careful about spelling and punctuation and stuff, but otherwise I don't think they stand out.

Except maybe about Republicans, you almost never blather on. When you say your posts are "like anyone elses," I'd have to strongly disagree. In brevity alone your posts are in the 90th percentile.

I just made that percentage up.

• Like 4
Star Gazer

I guess not.

I'm not just talking about your posts, but emails too. You're very measured, very concise, very restrained, very careful, very (as someone else said) diplomatic. I don't mean it in a bad way, but a Guinness would help... ;)

It's actually refreshing to see a thread like this from you, because it shows some emotion. Any emotion is good to see. :)

• Like 1
florence of suburbia
warning. thesingleguy is a bigot.

Warning. The coward is off topic.

• Like 1
Eternal Sunshine
I'm not just talking about your posts, but emails too. You're very measured, very concise, very restrained, very careful, very (as someone else said) diplomatic. I don't mean it in a bad way, but a Guinness would help... ;)

It's actually refreshing to see a thread like this from you, because it shows some emotion. Any emotion is good to see. :)

I know what you mean but I feel like that is all a facade. That's how he likes to present himself to the world. Underneath, I think he can be quite emotional. He just keeps this big wall around his emotions. He doesn't let people in.