Feeling trapped and uncomfortable

purelydreamt

I work for a great department. Just my boss and I and a few contracted coworkers that work on a part time basis. My boss and I are close so no issues are there.

But his "buddy" at work is a douche. He's not nice to you unless your hot. Or your male and your one of his "can make fun of you" buddies. I've been around him after work not by choice only cause one of his buddies invited me and him along somewhere to which every single time this specific DOUCHE basically was an ass to me or got me abanadoned to chase some women around or something.

So I basically never talk to him anymore. I'm not mean or anything. I do show him some civility in a nice way but I never socialize with him, no need to he's in a different department.

But his secretary and I just started becoming work friends so I'm always around my boss, her and this DOUCHE alot and I hate it. I can't have lunch anymore becuase he's always around my boss or her, or when i have lunch in the cafeteria with her...he's there.

So i'm forced to always postpone my lunch or eat in my office which is so unprofessional. My boss is aware of my preference to not be around him and always tries to be the buffer or will back me up and will point out to him that I don't like him, or "hey dont talk to her she doesn't like you" or something to get him to take the hint but he always ignores it cause once again unless your hot...you don't exist.

So what can I do?

So I basically never talk to him anymore. I'm not mean or anything. I do show him some civility in a nice way but I never socialize with him

This is basically all you can do. It's work. You have to be professional. Telling your boss that you don't like him is unprofessional. Your boss telling him you don't like him is also unprofessional. You have to deal with douches at work. That's all there is to it.

Unless of course, he's actually doing something against company policy, for example sexually harassing you or creating a hostile work environment, in that case you should document all of these instances and take it to HR.

Is he doing anything specifically wrong, or do you just not like him?

• Author
purelydreamt

Its mostly stuff he does or says. I was at an after hours work event that he was at and he was in the same carpool as me. He decided to just not care what people he was with and chase women around forcing me to tag along or wait by the car for hours until he decided to go home.

Another time he called me fat.

Another time he was going to lunch with some of his coworkers and some of mine and he said I wasn't invited and laughed.

Things like that. That just annoy me. Its not like you can avoid him. He will interuppt any conversation anyone is with and make fun of anyone he feels like making fun of (he's insecure).

So I've become friends with his secretary. If her and I are having lunch he'll join or he's buddies with my boss so every chance he gets he will stop by our department to goof off so now I'm always around him and I don't want to be

• Author
purelydreamt

Sometimes we do and there are times where she prefers to have lunch in the building in case something happens within her department.

If she's there and he needs something he always interrupts or if he feels like slacking off he'll join.

It's annoying. Not his presence but the potential of what he "might" say.

She knows now why I don't want to be around him but i'm not gonna make her choose sides lol....