What % of women wear makeup to work?

chucksagent

Office Job...men and women working there...Makeup is defined as ALL of the following:

1) Eye Liner

2) Eye Shadow

3) Cover Up

4) Concealer

5) Lip Liner

6) Lipstick

I noticed in my office that NONE of the women wear makeup every day, and only 1 or 2 girls wear it occasionally. Is this more the norm in offices or is WEARING makeup more the norm? I always assumed ALL women wore makeup to work growing up and while in college and stuff.

So, in conclusion, using ALL of the above makeup as the standard, what % of women wear all that to work in an office setting?

lip liner?

You don't have to wear all of that stuff to be wearing make up. I wear (daily):

concealer, powder, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, blush, lip gloss.

so I don't fulfill your list but that is a full face of make up (not looking all made up!) so... ??? Blush should DEF be included in a make up routine!!! and you didn't list it. but mentioned lip liner. lol. I don't get it.

I think lots of women wear makeup to work, especially in an office..

But why the heck would you assume that ALL women wear a full faced of makeup to college everyday? :confused: What would the point of that even be? It'd be like an undergrad guy wearing a full suit to college everyday. Kinda useless and out of place.

I only know ONE undergrad student who wears makeup to college everyday, and it always boggled me why she would. Most undergrads I know go to college in tees and jeans, not a full face of makeup.

Also, your makeup list is fairly strange. I don't even wear makeup most of the time, but that is definitely NOT the standard list...

Office Job...men and women working there...Makeup is defined as ALL of the following:

1) Eye Liner

2) Eye Shadow

3) Cover Up

4) Concealer

5) Lip Liner

6) Lipstick

Since when is the definition of makeup wearing ALL of the above?

If applied correctly, a man shouldn't even be able to tell if a woman is wearing foundation, concealer or lip liner.

I wear makeup (MY definition) to work every day, but it doesn't include everything on your arbitrary list.

I think most women wear makeup to work, but they don't wear everything you included in your list. On a typical day, I apply foundation, eye shadow, and lip gloss.

By the way, the women you think aren't wearing any makeup...they probably are. It's just so minimal that you don't notice. If you see a woman who has perfect skin, she's probably wearing foundation.

I agree that is a strange list. I haven't owned lip liner since the 90s.

I wear:

foundation

powder

eye shadow

mascara

lipstick

No need for concealer, and eye liner makes my eyes look small, so I skip it.

• Author
chucksagent

I honestly just made that list based on what I thought women wore...Lol...I have no clue what women wear. I just recalled that little pencil thingy women draw around their lips and then fill it in with lipstick. And that dark line that jots out above the eye line (maybe that's eye liner I don't know)....It wasn't a list I KNOW anyone uses, I was just trying to think. Something even is simple as lip stick though, I don't seem to see it on as many women as I used to. Unless it's VERY light lipstick. But, every once and a while, I WILL see a co-worker with lipstick on and I can tell right away. Which makes me believe I CAN spot it and it's not as common as it used to be. You're probably 100% right about foundation and concealer though because of little blemishes and such.

I hardly ever wear makeup and definitely not to the office. Sometimes when we have visitors I will put on some lipstick and eye liner but that's getting rarer too. What is your interest, OP? Just curious?

• Author
chucksagent

I've just noticed recently that there is no ryhme or reason...some women wear a ton, some non, some a little bit...I always thought it was universal.

I wear a very minimal amount of makeup normally, including to the office when I had an office job. Just mascara. Sometimes eyeliner. If I go out to someplace special, I might put on lipstick as well. Rarely wear eye shadow or anything else.

Professor X
I've just noticed recently that there is no ryhme or reason...some women wear a ton, some non, some a little bit...I always thought it was universal.

Really??

Show me one thing that is universal when it comes to humans. Just one.

• Like 2

Nope, it totally depends on a woman's personality, her lifestyle, and what she needs. Some women just don't like wearing makeup. I can hardly blame them. It is kind of a hassle and it can be time-consuming. If I'm running late in the morning, I have a choice: I can skip the makeup or I can be late to work.

Most women don't need a ton of makeup. My friend has great skin, so she doesn't even need foundation. But she wears mascara because she thinks her eyes look too small without it. I usually wear foundation because my skin is kinda blotchy, but I never wear blush because I have a natural redness in my cheeks. In fact, I use foundation to cover it up, but a little bit still shows through.

Nothing is universal about all women. In fact, nothing is universal even within the same woman.

• Like 2

1) Eye Liner

2) Eye Shadow

3) Cover Up

4) Concealer

5) Lip Liner

6) Lipstick

I noticed in my office that NONE of the women wear makeup every day, and only 1 or 2 girls wear it occasionally. Is this more the norm in offices or is WEARING makeup more the norm? I always assumed ALL women wore makeup to work growing up and while in college and stuff.

So, in conclusion, using ALL of the above makeup as the standard, what % of women wear all that to work in an office setting?

4% do.

10. 10% of women wear all that makeup. Definitely 20%. 90% is the right number. Or at least 75%.

I think it's 55%. Or 60. Right around in there.

18%.

51%, for sure.

• Like 1

I wear relatively little. Just eyeliner and lipstick (the latter very, very blotted though). I have a good complexion and have never worn face make-up at all.

• Author
chucksagent

Foundation, Concealer, Eye Liner, Mascara, Eye Shadow, Lip Liner, and Lipstick....If a girl wore all of those things would that be on the end of a woman who wears a LOT of makeup or on the end of a woman who wears a little make up?

Foundation, Concealer, Eye Liner, Mascara, Eye Shadow, Lip Liner, and Lipstick....If a girl wore all of those things would that be on the end of a woman who wears a LOT of makeup or on the end of a woman who wears a little make up?

A lot.

Wearing foundation is going "whole face makeup". Many women will never wear that much make up.

Also, most women wearing "light" makeup focus on one feature. So maybe eye liner and eye shadow, but then just lip gloss. Or maybe lip stick, but then just light mascara. Wearing full eye make up AND full lipstick is a more heavily made up look.

That is a lot.

However, I took professional make-up classes, and you can wear all of these things AND look "natural".

Example: look at commercials for water, or laundry stuff with women. Models must look healthy but natural. Many people would think that you are not wearing make-up, but that you look beautiful.

serial muse

Yeah, what others said...a lot.

But I'm sure it also depends on where someone works. I work in an environment where it's not really the norm. I also bike to work and wear jeans a lot. ;) But if someone works in a more stylish environment, then they might feel like it's important to meet that "dress code".

I do still wear some makeup, but skip the lip liner/lipstick. I just like how eye makeup looks.

Mme. Chaucer

I have no idea of the percentage, but I certainly do wear it to work - which happens to be training dogs and taking care of a big farm & livestock.

I wear perfume every day too.

I just love that kind of stuff.

And the animals seem to appreciate that I take the time to look pretty for them. :)

• Like 3

Huh. Almost everyone has said that's a lot of makeup, but I use almost all of those things and I don't feel like I'm wearing "a lot" of makeup. Foundation, powder, neutral eye shadow, little bit of eye liner, mascara, natural-looking lip gloss. If someone had asked me prior to this thread, I'd have said I don't use a lot of makeup but now I'm second guessing myself. Maybe I'm turning into one of those old ladies who have pitch white faces with rosy red cheeks and really severe eye makeup.

Holy ****.

Anyway, let me show you how versatile makeup can be.

A woman can wear all of those things and have it look natural, like this: http://christanburran.com/images/contact.jpg

Or she can wear all of those things and have it look like this: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_I8m5EPauxAE/TVFlL_UYnRI/AAAAAAAAAgI/nDcf9rgBD7o/s200/theatrical-makeup-techniques-200X200.jpg

Both of those women are probably wearing Foundation, Concealer, Eye Liner, Mascara, Eye Shadow, Lip Liner, and Lipstick. Two totally different effects.

• Like 1
UpwardForward

Just lipstick & rouge daily. Was getting too many eye problems w the eye junk.

But I do admire women who keep up the good fight. :laugh:

HeavenOrHell

Who cares? Seriously?!

I've not worn any for over 20 years, couldn't be bothered in the end, too much hassle.

1) Eye Liner

2) Eye Shadow

3) Cover Up

4) Concealer

5) Lip Liner

6) Lipstick