Last company not re-hiring me. A lost cause?

goldengirl11

I will try and keep this short, partly because I don't want to spend too much time dwelling on a situation which would appear is final. However, I would appreciate some advice. I'm in my early thirties and have mainly worked in customer service type roles which on the whole have been successful. One I had received 3 mystery customer bonus's for. Having said that, two, including my most recent job, did not work out due to my 'service.' The first one I feel was to do with the confidence of the products, i.e more hard selling. Re my last job though I feel that I had improved over the 3 months including the audits when the supervisor had marked your performance secretly and spoke to you afterwards. Also on a couple of occasions had a review with my line manager and once store manager. My markings had improved, including one at 90% in the fitting room. I had a chat with my mentor/coach about five weeks before my contract ended about anything I needed training on. Also another review which ended that I would be helped on the till more by my mentor - which didn't happen and also noticed there was no more audits so assumed things were ok. Then at my exit interview with my line manager, she said that I wouldn't be able to reapply again and asked if I was surprised. I said I was rather as had the impression things were going ok now. She also picked up on some timekeeping issue, which no-one had remarked about before and said that I am aware it had happened twice, one of which she remembered why and understood. Nevertheless I am very upset that the main reason was my service and told her of compliments which I had received from customers which she brushed off. She also agreed that I need to be more assertive when I questioned my faults. Re the exit interview form which I wanted to add a comment on, it was agreed that I could come back and finish it, but unfortunately when I did my line manager wasn't there, so the HR lady said she would leave it on her desk. I explained on it that I feel had missed out on a bit of training as previously discussed, but not sadly something which had mentioned at my exit interview. I didn't hear anything. I have since tried to apply for a position at another branch when had planned to explain situation if got an interview, but it had 'do not re-hire' on system! It is for a well known clothes/food retailer. Is it worth writing to the store manager maybe?

Edited by goldengirl11

This is what I think.

The company is looking to revamp it's customer service line. You mentioned assertiveness and the writeup probably contain other things other than assertiveness and training.

Reapplying to the company is a lost cause when it they have a Do not hire. I do not know what UK laws are like but it seems like you have a lost cause.

• Author
goldengirl11

Thanks. When I reapplied to work in another branch the lady in HR said she wasn't sure who had written do not re-hire and until that's taken off then I can't reapply. I also think it's unfair should I want to apply for a behind the scenes position in admin say. Re write up, you mean for interviewing new applicants? Applying is done on-line now (like most other big companies nowadays) with a very long application process. The line manager said that the company probably takes customer service more seriously than most other companies. :(

Edited by goldengirl11

I think the company is trying to rebrand the company starting with customer services. The company I heard is the largest in UK and started to revamp it's front line customer appeal. To be more pushy to be exact.

f*** the store manager, you got screwed. You're best bet is documentation and a lawyer. The company will not care you can try to contact HR and high up corporate personelle but all they are going to do is back the bs these people have lied about you on. I'm dead serious you will need a lawyer. I have the same problem with K-mart. When you didn't get any help on the till that was a dead ringer you had better give your two weeks or get screwed.

• Author
goldengirl11
f*** the store manager, you got screwed. You're best bet is documentation and a lawyer. The company will not care you can try to contact HR and high up corporate personelle but all they are going to do is back the bs these people have lied about you on. I'm dead serious you will need a lawyer. I have the same problem with K-mart. When you didn't get any help on the till that was a dead ringer you had better give your two weeks or get screwed.

Thanks for the advice! You're still in your job though? I started in mid Oct and left at the end of my contract in mid Jan - and has been bothering me since! My role was called Customer Assistant in Training.

• Author
goldengirl11

Thanks for the advice! You're still in your job though? I started in mid Oct and left at the end of my contract in mid Jan - and has been bothering me since! My role was called Customer Assistant in Training. No-one was able to stay on after Xmas unlike what they had said near the beginning when they said they would keep a few on, but nevertheless!

I hate to say this, contacting your HR wouldn't matter to much. Getting a lawyer might help but not matter to much.

It seems like your old company did a position discontinuation and make everyone of the job class obsolete (or made redundant). It did a culling of the organization so management could reposition the company.

• 4 weeks later...
coolpainter

In front of approaching icon design, there are some guidelines and principles that are advantage studying. If you penury to sire operative icon designs, then you should hoodwink a holistic technique to issues such as audience, bigness, dull-wittedness, lighting, vantage point, and style. This article gives you a passable starting group for creating icons that toil ostentatiously together and fitfully seamlessly within your designs.

1. Technique Icon Form Holistically

Icons vigorous within unmistakeable systems. Whether they are designed for desktop applications or Trap sites, an icon is one of assorted unambiguous elements that call for to profession together harmoniously. Schlep this logic across icon sets as well. Icons can be appreciated in behalf of their aesthetic solutions one at a time, but they don’t raison d'etre alone. Ascertain your icon designs relative to the particular pattern you’re using them in. Reckon unfaltering that each icon differs from adjoining icons, while still working together as a whole.

In the article Double-dealing about ribbon bar icons an iconic argot exceeding at Nitro Drain the father John Doe states, “If you have occasion for to shrink from particular icons, you lack to imagine on top of images concerning the unharmed plonk down of icons before dealings with illustrating activities.” This is joined of two critical points made in this article on icon design. He goes on to explain how in default of to procedure how the total freeze of icons will collecting unemployment together from the source will secure a prodigious decay of time, as redesign will be inevitable.

To be continued...

• 4 months later...
  • Author

This is the other thread which had posted earlier in the year re being sacked (i.e position not continuing after probationary period ending) from this company who had interview with today - at different branch.

Thanks

Edited by goldengirl11