Apply for another job at the same company you are interviewing

I recently interviewed for a position I really want at a company I want to work for. I think I have a 50/50 chance of getting it but I wont know their decision for another 2 weeks.

The company just posted a few more positions. One is very different from the one I applied to, but I qualify for the new one as well and I am interested. Not *as* interested as the one I interviewed for, but still interested. Should I apply now or wait out the 2 weeks? The hiring managers will be different but I'm sure it will go through the same HR person. I don't want to mess up my chances for the first position.

I recently interviewed for a position I really want at a company I want to work for. I think I have a 50/50 chance of getting it but I wont know their decision for another 2 weeks.

The company just posted a few more positions. One is very different from the one I applied to, but I qualify for the new one as well and I am interested. Not *as* interested as the one I interviewed for, but still interested. Should I apply now or wait out the 2 weeks? The hiring managers will be different but I'm sure it will go through the same HR person. I don't want to mess up my chances for the first position.

When is the application deadline for the second position? If it's after you get the results on the first application, I would wait.

Edited by denise_xo

I would apply for the 2nd position, but write in the cover letter that my strong desire is to work for the company (in general) and note that I had an interview and, as far as I know, I'm still in the running for the 1st position. If the interviewer/department is different, I would also send a courtesy email to the original interviewer.

• Author

None listed. Probably open until filled.

With the first position I interviewed for, I applied 2 days after it posted, heard back in 1-2 weeks and interviewed after another 1-2 weeks. I think they'll announcing their decision 1.5 month from the day they posted that first job.