If you have a 1st interview on a Tuesday at a Hire Fair and told that..

you will be contacted for a second interview if they are interested, If there is no contact the rest of the week after the 1st Interview on Tuesday is it safe to say I won't be contacted?

I was wondering because I applied for this position on 2/8 and was contacted until 2/24 for a first interview. So I figured by me having the 1st interview on 2/28, if I hear nothing by Tuesday, 3/6, I guess it's a done deal?

If there is no contact the rest of the week after the 1st Interview on Tuesday is it safe to say I won't be contacted?

I was wondering because I applied for this position on 2/8 and was contacted until 2/24 for a first interview. So I figured by me having the 1st interview on 2/28, if I hear nothing by Tuesday, 3/6, I guess it's a done deal?

Not necessary true about the done deal. Normally after 2 weeks, it is a done deal depending on the position and the job fair. Some employers take a LONG time before you get a in person or second interview.

I wouldn't count on being contacted if it doesn't happen right away, but you never know. Just keep keepin' on, you know, and eventually something will happen.

Did you send a thank you note after the interview? Most of the times I've done that, they follow up either way, even if it's no.

• Author
I wouldn't count on being contacted if it doesn't happen right away, but you never know. Just keep keepin' on, you know, and eventually something will happen.

Did you send a thank you note after the interview? Most of the times I've done that, they follow up either way, even if it's no.

Yes I did. I also had a phone interview yesterday and after it was over she told me that if I don't hear anything by 3/12/11, that means they went with another candidate. I know usually when you are told a set date you are seriously being considered to go to the next phase.

Yes I did. I also had a phone interview yesterday and after it was over she told me that if I don't hear anything by 3/12/11, that means they went with another candidate. I know usually when you are told a set date you are seriously being considered to go to the next phase.

True. Well, all you can do is just keep keepin' on. Frankly, I think anyone who doesn't reply when you send a TY note (which not everyone does, seriously!) is rude. If it's a lot of candidates and people don't send the notes, fine. When I hire, I always send emails to let people know either way, especially if they sent a note (they get a mass email w/o a note and a personal email with the note).

• Author
True. Well, all you can do is just keep keepin' on. Frankly, I think anyone who doesn't reply when you send a TY note (which not everyone does, seriously!) is rude. If it's a lot of candidates and people don't send the notes, fine. When I hire, I always send emails to let people know either way, especially if they sent a note (they get a mass email w/o a note and a personal email with the note).

actually I didn't think it was a such thing as a reply to a thank you letter which is why I was shocked when I received a response 3 years ago-lol That's when I knew I was getting the job because that never happened before. This is a company I been wanting to work for since 2000 and was rejected in 2005 and now here I am again in 2012.

actually I didn't think it was a such thing as a reply to a thank you letter which is why I was shocked when I received a response 3 years ago-lol That's when I knew I was getting the job because that never happened before. This is a company I been wanting to work for since 2000 and was rejected in 2005 and now here I am again in 2012.

Maybe depends on the field. Both advertising (my old field) and education/nonprofits (current) are smaller than you'd think and reputation/relationships are important. Also maybe the region. Most of my U.S. experience has been in the Southeast.

• Author
Maybe depends on the field. Both advertising (my old field) and education/nonprofits (current) are smaller than you'd think and reputation/relationships are important. Also maybe the region. Most of my U.S. experience has been in the Southeast.

Well I got the rejection email from the Hire Fair on 2/28 and now waiting for feedback to see if I get a second interview from the Phone screening on Monday. I was told of I don't hear anything by Monday, March 12th, then that means I didn't get a second interview. So I have 4 days left in the waiting game

March has not gotten off to a good start. After having a good February, it would be tough to start a new month with two rejections from companies I wanted to work for. I wouldn't be too sure where to go from that point on if I don't hear anything by Monday. Have to start putting a list together of survival jobs I can apply to

Do you know anyway that works for the companies? Your classmates, network, ex-gf's, professors, anyone?

Going through a job fair only goes so far.

• Author
Do you know anyway that works for the companies? Your classmates, network, ex-gf's, professors, anyone?

Going through a job fair only goes so far.

It wasn't a Job Fair, it was a Hire Fair for one company to apply for open positions and interview on the spot. I don't do Job fairs

Some employers take a LONG time before you get a in person or second interview.

Our company takes at least a month to even contact anyone for the first interview after the job is posted. Then it could be another couple of weeks to see the potential boss for the new position. Then it's about three to four weeks for a thorough background check for the new hire. It's almost as tough for the people awaiting a new co-worker to lighten their department's workload. I personally think HR is useless.

• Like 1
  • Author
Our company takes at least a month to even contact anyone for the first interview after the job is posted. Then it could be another couple of weeks to see the potential boss for the new position. Then it's about three to four weeks for a thorough background check for the new hire. It's almost as tough for the people awaiting a new co-worker to lighten their department's workload. I personally think HR is useless.

I can be homeless by that time