my life wont be the same

Today at work I found out that someone that was very close to me is going to be leaving.We sat together on breaks and had so much fun.When she told me,of course she said try not to cry but these things,I get very emotional and it is really hard.I hoped out of all people she would never leave.Im still crying.How will I adjust again?

Patty

Its hard when someone leaves - but she didn't die and you will adjust to a new routine. Don't worry about it -- it will happen naturally. If a replacement is hired maybe you will become friends with a new person.

spiritedaway2003

Hi Patty,

I thought no one knew what I was feeling too! My closet colleague is leaving his job for good, and I am going to miss him so much. I can't help wondering at my luck.

Tears welled up around my eyes sporadically whenever I think about it (it was the worst the day that I found out), because now I don't have a (work) friend to chill out, chat, eat lunch with or make silly jokes with...

I am so glad you posted. I also hope it'll get better with time (and hopefully a new colleague that I can get along with as well). For now, I am just enjoying the last couple of days that he has with me. I hope it's getting easier for you too.

Take care,

lipglossboost

It's hard not to feel lost when someone leaves, especially someone who is such a part of your daily routine.

Some people may think it's silly, but these coworkers and friends help you get through the day. There have been times in my past where, if I couldn't talk to a close coworker about some of my job stress, and know that they truly understood exactly where I was coming from, I would have quit my job.

I'm sorry your friend is leaving ... try to stay connected outside of work. I've met some of my best friends that way. *hugs*

Cheer up! I bet your friend is leaving for something better! Your friend is taking a very scary big step here! Every time I leave one job in hopes to take a career step up on the ladder I freak out in the back of my mind!

Especially if I like where I'm at and have a close friend!

She/he doesn't want to loose you either but in order to get where she wants to be it has to happen. So grab a pen and get all her info...including email.

Now you two are just a few clicks away from sharing stories and moments with eachother! Just don't loose touch!

• Author

Thanks everyone for the kind advice.

Today was hard.We both did give each other our addresses and email addresses.Tommorow someone will take her place,it wont be the same.She said she would send me a postcard from Florida.She is going there for vacation,flying there tommorow.When she gets back she will be working at another McDonalds cause she got transferred to another restuarant.She made the place alot of fun.I dont think the new person taking her place will be as fun as she was though.I will have to adjust all over again.But she told me she would write to me,so that helps.The hard part will be having to adjust to work again.

I did cry a little today.It was hard.This other co worker tells me not to cry.Then I just said to myself "well im sad" I will just show how I really feel.I dont like holding it in for other people,I go by what I feel.

Patty