Seductive professor? Help!

[color=orange]I am having a dilemma...a moral/sexual dilemma!![/color]

:bunny: I am a college student...the professors are all really nice. But there is this one professor that I think is brilliant. He's not a young, strapping fellow but I find him very sexy. I had him last semester, and i was like his favorite student. He even signed me up to this program that he directs...

The problem is my extreme physical attraction to him. I am 19 years old and he is in his late 30's i think. He is not married. I'm pretty sure he is attracted to me too. Simply being in his classroom would turn me on... I don't know what I should do. Should I come out and tell him how I feel? My thoughts is that it would be okay because he's not my teacher anymore. :eek: I can't sit through another course of his in this torture. (I don't have him in the upcoming semester, but I may have to take him again in the future)

It's not that I have a "professor" fetish or anything..I'm just really attracted to older men. I'd like to "get to know him" better, outside of school. ;)

What should I do?

If you think I should tell him, what should I say? :o

Do you agree with professor/student relations?

the bold coder under the message icons doesn't always work correctly.

You could get this guy in a lot of trouble. Until you're completely out of any courses he might teach, leave the guy alone. Try to find someone else that attracts you - preferably a fellow student or, if it must be an older man, some fellow who's not on the faculty.

It's a risky proposition for him. As long as you're enrolled in school, he has to be wary about getting involved with students - even past students.

If you do not want to create any problems and you love old guys with power and authority, you may be better off to take all through to the Dept Head, Dean or, if possible, the President. Leave those poor young professors alone for Goodness sake. Good luck.

check out the term 'transference and psychology' or 'education transference' on google.com too - becoming attracted to one's professors is a very common thing - and it may be a manifestation of your positive feelings for the process of learning itself as well as a memory of similar feeling you got from your parents.

The problem is....if you showed interest too openly....he may think you are just trying to get a good grade. LOL!

Maybe I've seen too many movies about professors and students.....but if I were interested in a man....I would let him know. He knows what the risks are....and some risks are worth taking. What if he ends up being the love of your life??

Ofcourse, I have the morals of a flea...and would flirt with him to get a good grade to begin with......

midlifecrisis

In the schools I have gone to, it was never considered to be that big of a deal. However, to me, its kind of like dating someone at work -- how uncomfortable would it become if things didn't work out? Yuck!

lipglossboost

I'd go for it ... you're both adults. Be prepared to keep it quiet, however, for his sake.

When I was at university most of us fancied one or other of our professors. One of my friends dated her professor as soon as she graduated (I think the affair started when he was her tutor). They married but it didn't last. She never really saw him in the same light again once she had grown up and established her own life. It's much more exciting to fantasize from afar - don't shatter the illusion! One of my friends has sent a valentines card to her ex-professor for 18 years (despite both being happily married with kids) :D

Dang where were these sexy professors when I was in college in the 80's?? All mine were either pudgy or had coffee stained teeth or had a terrible lack of style in dressing.....My philosophy professor liked me but I just wasn't interested at all (he wanted to "photograph me" EWWWWW)..... plus...in that particular class was this sexy blonde headed kicker from the football team....he was on my mind!! ;)