Can I complain to my co-workers?

I have just been told by my HR rep that there I cannot complain to co-workers about any issues that I may have. To cut a long story short I have worked a month for a new company that normally pays every two weeks. I have sent multiple emails to HR who have given me a date when I would be paid but they still hadn't set me up in the pay clock system. I spoke briefly to my direct supervisor, their boss and even their boss knew I was trying to get up with HR. I have casually spoken about it to a couple of coworkers and explain my reason for lookng for the HR rep when people asked. The one time that I believe I got really frustrated and mad was when I questioned someone who had the same orientation day as me and they had been paid after only 2 weeks. Bearing this in mind, and that there was a huge mess when they hired me, and that I can rarely get the HR rep to answer all my questions (or even sometimes respond) I do not believe that I have been acting badly at all.

Anyway my question really is that can HR tell me not to discuss issues with my coworkers, doesn't this violate the National Labor Relations Act? I appreciate any input anyone can give me on this one.

creighton0123

As a practice, you shouldn't complain about compensation or HR issues to other coworkers. Resolve the problem with your manager and the manager of your HR representative.

Unless you're associating with coworkers to form some sort of organized labor union, the NLRA doesn't really apply.

If your HR rep is non responsive, engage your manager with evidence and have him/her advocate for you to the HR rep and his/her manager.