Harassed by a coworker

I work in a company where I am seperate from the other employees. I watch monitors, recieve chemical shippments, export chemical tankers and do tons of paperwork.

Well today one of the workers called up on the company radio and began harassing me.

He was saying things like he works and I dont do anything.

I replied by asking what his problem was and was that all he wanted?

He didnt reply.

I called his team leader and asked about this employees idenity.

I told her I am writing a report on the situation.

I have not done so as of yet.

Mainly because I am new to this facility. Only three months.

I am at a loss as to write the report or let it go.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

The guy is a jerk!

I thought about just writing down what happened and filing it away and if he continues to turn him in to company management.

This doesn't sound as much like harassment as it does stupidity. Until the day you die you will work around these kinds of low-life people who always infiltrate every workplace. Your best bet is to take the high road and ignore the remarks. If they become so frequent they take up airtime on the radio that is needed for dispatching traffic, report this to your supervisor. Otherwise, if the guy doesn't get a rise out of you he will stop.

On the other hand, you probably ought to find out if you are obligated under company rules to report this. If you must report radio transmissions that are unrelated to work, then you may have to file a report as per company policy. Look into that.

sounds too small to be reported - just one call, right? why don't you say - indeed, i don't do anything and you work your ass off, who's the winner here? ;)

-yes

Any charge of harassment requires documentation. This, in and of itself, doesn't seem to constitute harassment. Write down the details and file them away. And do so with each instance. When you believe you have proof of a consistent form of behavior, you can then report them and back them up with the documentation that you've gathered. Also, if you've built a friendship with a coworker, relay each instance to them as well.

GEEZ mfm.....we must work with the SAME people!!!

I have to deal with guys who take the Frac Tanks off the pier which have various chemicals in them. You and I BOTH KNOW....they probably have to drop a trail of bread crumbs on the way to work in the morning to be able to find their way back home. LOL!

Men in the construction/labor field can often times be brash and full of themselves. You should hear them when they berate each other. I've been mortified over some of the crap I've heard them say in a moment of anger over a radio line with everyone listening. When I get the short end of that....I sometimes ignore it....and sometimes I say something even worse back.

Whether or not you report it....depends on you. In a originally 'man orientated job'...sometimes it's best not to because they understand each other and will think you are a 'whiney' female. (It's not FAIR....but life isn't always fair!) I would pay him back by blackballing him with other guys....preferably in a higer position. They will learn real quick not to goof with you if you are the bosses favorite beer buddy! Your contacts will always be your strengths in these types of jobs.

People can disagree with me.....but MANY jobs are based on the survival of the fittest....or the most coniving. HAHAHA!

Try to find out the real cause behind this. What he really wants and where is he heading to? If you are convinced that there is nothing big behind it, just go ahead and ignore it otherwise report it. It all depends on your findings. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
lipglossboost

my advice? fling it right back at him! show him that you can take it ... my guess is, once you either ignore him or sling it right back in his face, he'll find someone else to annoy.