How to handle previous client who was a butt?

Ruby Slippers

I work for myself, and this client I had a couple of years ago keeps trying to add me on my business Facebook, and now LinkedIn. I just ignored his Facebook requests before, as they were going to an old account/e-mail address. But now he's trying to add me on LinkedIn, and I realize that he's been trying to add me every few months for at least the past year.

The reason I don't want to add him is that he was a total jerk a couple of years ago when we were working on this project together. He became aggressive and domineering with his attitude, so I told him I don't work with people who treat me like that, and terminated the business relationship.

A side note is that we had a couple of business lunches before he went all weird, and both times I got the feeling he was flirting. He even told me I'm the same zodiac sign as his ex-wife, and he loves our sign.

Honestly, the only reason I'm considering accepting the invitation is that he has been persistent. But that's probably not the best reason to allow the connection to resume. Would you accept this guy's invitation to connect, or just ignore him?

UpDownAllAround

As a guy, if I were in your shoes I'd ignore him. You already told him you're not interested. Eventually he should get the hint and move on and get tired of the attempts.

nthing ignore. He could just be adding people in his suggested list without even thinking about each person (i.e., he's a friend collector) rather than purposefully searching out your profile and trying to add you specifically.