Applying as a waiter/kitchen assistant

Hi there,

I've 0 experience in waiting tables and in helping in the kitchen but i'd like to apply for a job in a restaurant/cafe/bar.

The thing is, no one wants to hire an unexperienced worker, so how can i get in ??

A friend told me to befriend a waiter and ask him the general guidelines of the job and then lie in the resume to get the job.

He also told me most people get the job because they "know" someone who's friend of the owner or someone who already works there, unfortuatelay i'm not in that postion.

Any ideas ?

Hi there,

I've 0 experience in waiting tables and in helping in the kitchen but i'd like to apply for a job in a restaurant/cafe/bar.

The thing is, no one wants to hire an unexperienced worker, so how can i get in ??

A friend told me to befriend a waiter and ask him the general guidelines of the job and then lie in the resume to get the job.

He also told me most people get the job because they "know" someone who's friend of the owner or someone who already works there, unfortuatelay i'm not in that postion.

Any ideas ?

Don't lie. Your inexperience will show when you start anyway. It's not true that nobody will hire you. Just don't start out trying to grab a job at a high end restaurant, because most of them DO want experience. My first job was waitressing, and I had no experience whatsoever. But they were willing to take a chance on me. My brother also worked as a cook for his first job, but had never stepped foot in a kitchen before. My suggestion? Start out at like a Friendlys, Denny's, or Chili's type restaurant. They will be the ones most likely to hire you with no experience. Go in and just be friendly to the manager, and explain to him that while you have no experience, you are a quick learner and willing to give it your 110%.