Co worker acts odd around me

There's this guy that works there and even avoids eye contact with me. He gives me the cold shoulder when I'm around or when we walk past each other. To my knowledge, he didn't used to act this way. But then came this guy who wanted to go out to dinner with me and the guy was talking about me to this worker, so after I didn't give this guy anything, it seems as though the worker acts like this now. I haven't been anything but nice to everyone, even to the guy I didn't give in to. I have no intention on quitting and I refuse to speak to this worker and entertain his childish behavior. But I still keep wondering to myself what is going on, what is said of me, what I possibly did...I'm only human, so. I don't know what it could be but I feel disrespected and this shouldn't be an environment I should have to work in.

Thanks for listening to my vent.

I read your post several times, and due to ambiguous statements, I've come up with two possible responses:

Response 1:

So let me get this straight: you go out to dinner with Guy A but don't put out. Guy B was apparently normally social to you before your dinner with Guy A. After the dinner with Guy A, Guy A and Guy B talk about you behind your back, and now Guy B is acting all whack, yo.

Sounds like they might be child-men. Avoid both of them outside of your professional workplace duties.

Response 2:

So let me get this straight: Guy B acts totally normal around you until Guy A asks you out to dinner. You decline Guy A's invitation. Guy A and Guy B speak behind your back, and now Guy B is acting all whack, yo.

Sounds like he could have a "secret crush" on you and that he's might be taking he sexual frustration out on you in a passive aggressive way. Who knows? Guy A could have falsely bragged to Guy B that you guys are practically dating and that you two are forming plans to go on various exciting romantic escapades.

Avoid both of them outside of your professional workplace duties.

:)

Sounds to me like youre more offended that they dont WANT to be associated with you. I say enjoy it, less people that yoou have to talk to at work. its not a work environment that cant be lived with. You dont need to know what they might have said about you. if they are too chicken to say it to your face, you really dont want to be bothered with that kind of person.

Enjoy the silence from them, its a gift. Someone else in this forum has a problem with a co-worker who wont leave her alone. Im sure she would love your situation.

• Author
I read your post several times, and due to ambiguous statements, I've come up with two possible responses:

Response 1:

So let me get this straight: you go out to dinner with Guy A but don't put out. Guy B was apparently normally social to you before your dinner with Guy A. After the dinner with Guy A, Guy A and Guy B talk about you behind your back, and now Guy B is acting all whack, yo.

Sounds like they might be child-men. Avoid both of them outside of your professional workplace duties.

Response 2:

So let me get this straight: Guy B acts totally normal around you until Guy A asks you out to dinner. You decline Guy A's invitation. Guy A and Guy B speak behind your back, and now Guy B is acting all whack, yo.

Sounds like he could have a "secret crush" on you and that he's might be taking he sexual frustration out on you in a passive aggressive way. Who knows? Guy A could have falsely bragged to Guy B that you guys are practically dating and that you two are forming plans to go on various exciting romantic escapades.

Avoid both of them outside of your professional workplace duties.

:)

Response 1 is false. 2 is more like it.

Guy B acts totally normal as far as I remember...then comes Guy A who is pursuing my number, pursing lunch and dinner with me, to which I declined all of it...during these pursuits GUY A would talk about me to GUY B, idk if it was good or bad, but he didn't know I knew. How do I know they spoke about me? Several occasions, for one, I was in my office once and they were standing outside (Guy A & B), Guy A was whispering something to Guy B, but when I went out they got quiet. Second, on one occasion I walk by while Guy A is standing talking to someone, Guy B is standing off to the side and watches me hard as I walk by. I leave but I can still see and hear, so unbeknownst to them, I see Guy B giving Guy A a hand tap while whispering something to him, Guy A is filled with smiles and all I could really hear was Guy A saying cheerily "Yeah she be checking me out too." & last, after several times of me rejecting Guy A, I walk by once and they both are standing there and I hear Guy A saying how shy I am as I walk by, (no, I'm just not interested in you) and when I leave (unbeknownst to them I can still hear) I hear Guy A speaking with a tone maybe dissing me or something. Being a sore ass loser. Guy A still smiles in my face to this day but doesn't pursue me anymore

Now Guy B acts that way, goes out of his way to pretend he doesn't see me (which is obvious he does since he has to break his neck just to look away). Or he looks down at the floor or pretends he is busy. Either way he looks silly and I have now made it a point to ignore him.

Response 1 is false. 2 is more like it.

Guy B acts totally normal as far as I remember...then comes Guy A who is pursuing my number, pursing lunch and dinner with me, to which I declined all of it...during these pursuits GUY A would talk about me to GUY B, idk if it was good or bad, but he didn't know I knew. How do I know they spoke about me? Several occasions, for one, I was in my office once and they were standing outside (Guy A & B), Guy A was whispering something to Guy B, but when I went out they got quiet. Second, on one occasion I walk by while Guy A is standing talking to someone, Guy B is standing off to the side and watches me hard as I walk by. I leave but I can still see and hear, so unbeknownst to them, I see Guy B giving Guy A a hand tap while whispering something to him, Guy A is filled with smiles and all I could really hear was Guy A saying cheerily "Yeah she be checking me out too." & last, after several times of me rejecting Guy A, I walk by once and they both are standing there and I hear Guy A saying how shy I am as I walk by, (no, I'm just not interested in you) and when I leave (unbeknownst to them I can still hear) I hear Guy A speaking with a tone maybe dissing me or something. Being a sore ass loser. Guy A still smiles in my face to this day but doesn't pursue me anymore

Now Guy B acts that way, goes out of his way to pretend he doesn't see me (which is obvious he does since he has to break his neck just to look away). Or he looks down at the floor or pretends he is busy. Either way he looks silly and I have now made it a point to ignore him.

Sounds like they're just being a couple of immature dip****s. They're most likely far beneath you as far as being date-able anyway. The best thing to do is to ignore them to the best of your ability. If it gets real bad, go to them and make them aware (in writing, preferably) that if they don't desist with their behavior and start acting professional that you will be forced to bring the matter to management's attention.

• Author
Sounds like they're just being a couple of immature dip****s. They're most likely far beneath you as far as being date-able anyway. The best thing to do is to ignore them to the best of your ability. If it gets real bad, go to them and make them aware (in writing, preferably) that if they don't desist with their behavior and start acting professional that you will be forced to bring the matter to management's attention.

Thanks for your advice. You think they're both just bitter or something? Guy A is a sore loser obviously, and Guy B thinks I think I am too good for him?

Thanks for your advice. You think they're both just bitter or something? Guy A is a sore loser obviously, and Guy B thinks I think I am too good for him?

I honestly couldn't tell you. As a guy myself, I've witnessed all sorts of behavior from left field after a rejection. Guy A could be feeding Guy B lines of BS to make you sound like some sort of crazy tease. To me, the most plausible scenario is that Guy A is a spin artist/sore loser who is trying to build himself up in front of his buddy (Guy B) to make YOU look like the damaged goods rather than losing face by admitting he got rejected and moving on.

Chances are, if they talk and hang out together, they are likely cut from the same cloth.

For some reason the guys from "A Night at the Roxbury" come to mind...