problems with other co-workers

Today,I went in to work and did my job,like I always do.When we run out of labels we have to go downstairs to get more cause sometimes there isnt enough upstairs.So yesterday and the day before,I've been stocking up on labels and today I happened to forget.So this other co-worker comes near me and starts bitching at me cause,I happened to be very busy and forgot.And I usually remember,what I felt like saying to her"oh give me a break" "I happen to always bring them up." Anyways when I do her work for her, its taking up my time from the work I have to get done. It stresses me out.I just went downstairs and went way out of my way today to get her labels,then she didnt even take the labels.Gees,I forget one day and she gives me a hard time for it.She expects me to do some of her work plus mine.

Another thing,there are these stickers,that I have to put on, when Im wrapping my food and someone stole them, on me.I walked over to the grill area and saw that this other worker took my stuff.Then she had the nerve to tell the manager that if I use,my very own stickers,that were mine to begin with,that I return them to her.Um like...wait a minute,excuse me"those happen to be my stickers and it should be the other way around,"she should return them to me.Im always keeping my stuff together and put them in a certain place,so I know where to find it everyday and everytime I go in,to get it its not there. All my stuff is missing. And I was almost in trouble last week,when they had that big inspection,and I had to have my stuff for the inspection and it wasnt there.More and more of my stuff is coming up missing all the time.

Need advise.

Patty

man, retail work bites. i feel for you, babe.

can you talk to your manager about what is happening? DO NOT MENTION THE CO-WORKER BY NAME! that will just make you look snitchy. just describe it as you are aware that supplies go missing from your station and that you are concerned it will make you look bad to the managaement...

are your employers aware of your different abilities? if not, you might want to make them aware - they cannot fire you for it without facing a HUGE lawsuit. it might also help them understand that your less-ethical co-workers will take advantage, sometimes, of your kindness and generosity.

take heart, Patty. you are a lovely, kind, and strong woman. people suck. the measure of a person is how well they deal with other people sucking and being petty. do something nice for yourself tonight - and know that in the larger picture you are a more interesting and ethical person.

• Author

Wow,its a good thing you said that,cause I almost was going to tell the manager who was doing it.

Thanks for your advice.:)

Patty