trouble with the workplace

There has been trouble at my work lately.First of all,before we receive our checks every week,we have to read a notice and sign a paper.Ok,so the most recent notice,I read was that people were stealing at my work and not paying for their food.I know it is not me cause,I always try to pay first.I have a feeling that,the other manager,I dont like much is the one who said,I was stealing.It was cause other managers would tell me not to worry about it,when I did try to dig out my money.I always try to pay for it.I'm, not the type to steal and this other manager knows this,she just trying to start trouble.

She is always starting trouble on me and I dont understand why.I mind my own business.I dislike her,cause she always is starting trouble.She doesnt mind her business and constantly sticks her nose in everyone elses business.She drives me crazy.Now I dont eat anything there,cause I know how shes going to start trouble on me.So I go in to work and wont eat anything on my breaks cause Im afraid of her.

Patty

VASH THE STAMPEDE

It was not a personal note.

It was not targeted at you alone.

It was an over all warning to all employees.

Patty have you tried speaking to anyone in a position higher than the manager you are having problems with? have you tried sitting with her and problem solving and explaining how she make syou feel? could you be be reading into something that doesnt necessarily pertain to you? have you tried talking to her with a mediator involved? perhaps try suggesting it... see what happens heck all they can do is say no....

Originally posted by VASH THE STAMPEDE

It was not a personal note.

It was not targeted at you alone.

It was an over all warning to all employees.

I agree with Vash.

When I want to correct something with one of my team members, often times I'll start the day reminding EVERYONE not to be late back from lunch or anthing else which may be a problem with only one person. It's a way of dealing with things without having a confrontation with just one person because you don't want to make a MAJOR issue out of it....you just want to address the problem as a warning.

• Author

Thanks everyone for your help.Yes,telling her how I'd feel will help and even my therapist suggested,I do that.One of my weaknesses is I'm not assertive,thats what my therapist is, working with me on.I always have trouble sticking up for myself cause Im afraid of how she will react and I fear it will make the situation worse.The last time I did stick up for myself,she got so mad at me and ever since that day,I've been afraid to talk to her.

Patty

You know what Patty? Believe it or not, I used to be a very timid person. I let everyone in the world walk all over me because I didn't want any confrontation. Then, something traumatic happened in my life....and I realized ALL those people who I worried about hurting their feelings or confronting them....were nowhere in sight. I was standing there all alone.

I made the decision that very moment....never to back down again. If I was going to have to face life myself....I might as well face it looking out FOR myself. I found out who I really was, how I felt about things, what I expected from myself ...and ended up being a much happier person. It took some time, years even, but I'm sure glad I made that decision.

Patty,

I don't mean any offense but if you're that uptight about working there, you've got to find a new gig. You're getting extremely neurotic about this job and it's not healthy. I would bet that most of us have worked in a sh*thole at some point in our lives, but we all have to decide if we want more for ourselves out of life or not. It's a matter of pride for me. If I am somewhere that's making me miserable, I hit the road the first chance I get. It's as simple as that.

Get a new job. And if you keep having this problem again and again, maybe it's time to look a little closer to home.