Thanking Boss For Award Nomination?

Hi everyone,

My boss nominated me for a company award because she was very impressed with my performance over the last year. She 's been in this company for 8 years in various positions and I was just hired a little over a year ago. She was hired for the position she's in now (my direct report) just a couple months after I started, and we had never met before then.

Well, I won the award. I tell her often that I really appreciate her support, and that she's really the best manager I've ever had. But I want to give her something to show her that I'm really thankful she put me up for this award I won. I mean, I only got it becasue she nominated me with a glowing recommendation. Would it be inappropriate to give her a thank you card? We also have a company "kudos" system, where we can give thanks to other employees. Those kudos go into an employee record, I think, like performance reviews and the like. So if a store bought card is too personal, would a company kudos be appropriate? I don't really care about the award, but it means alot to me that she thought enough of me to nominate me for it in the first place.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Edited by Almond_Joy