Boss confronted me saying that I 'have a negative attitude'?

I'm 20 years old and work a part-time job at a banquet hall. One day after work, the 'head supervisor' (manager on duty, but not THE banquet hall manager) pulled me into her office and asked what had been up with me lately. I was confused as to what she was referring to specifically and she more or less said that I had a negative attitude the past month. An old server was promoted to supervisor a few months ago and put it bluntly, he's HORRIBLE at his job. He's checked out of it, trying to make it big with his band, so he's simply there for the money and hates his life. He's horrible at giving direction and absolutely terrible at handling the pressure that comes along with being in charge. There has been numerous times that I've had confrontations with him, which I'm sure he told her about. I pointed out to her that I've never been rude to customers, and I get along with everybody I work with and that I'm simply not the type of person to walk around with a smile on my face when my supervisor talks to me like I'm a piece of crap. She then proceeded to tell me that she's find it suspicious that I've been calling in sick mostly on weekends the past little bit, meanwhile the majority of my shifts are ON weekends seeing as it's a banquet hall and I think it was a little uncalled for as it was completely out of the blue. Such a turn off. The kicker is that 90% of our servers will be gone in a week's time... they're all students from different cities so come September, it will be ME and ONE other girl left, and this is how they treat me? They threaten to fire me?

Point is though, school starts in 2 weeks and I really can't be bothered to even continue to work there. How should I handle this? I'm thinking of just emailing her and basically saying, "thank you for the opportunity but I will no longer be able to work here" and leave it at that. As for references, the business itself doesn't provide references, so it's up to me to get a personal one, which a supervisor that USED to work there already promised to me. I know it's not good to leave a job on a sour note, but that left such a bad taste in my mouth last week. My next shift is this Tuesday and she gave me NO shifts this past week because I booked the weekend off for my birthday.

Insight, suggestions?

• Author

All's she said was that I "have issues with doing what is asked of me" and that is SO not the case. I have issues doing things when my manager screams at me and demands me to do things that as far as I'm concerned, aren't even in my job description.... there's been times where he more or less expected me to do elements of HIS job. No, he didn't politely ask me to help him out, he yells at me because he claims that I should have taken "a little more initiative" when in reality, it's just him freaking out and not being able to do his job properly. And then she said something about me physically looking unhappy which is probably the case because I'm NOT HAPPY being there. But as I said, I'm NEVER rude to the customers or my fellow employees...

I'm 20 years old and work a part-time job at a banquet hall. One day after work, the 'head supervisor' (manager on duty, but not THE banquet hall manager) pulled me into her office and asked what had been up with me lately. I was confused as to what she was referring to specifically and she more or less said that I had a negative attitude the past month. An old server was promoted to supervisor a few months ago and put it bluntly, he's HORRIBLE at his job. He's checked out of it, trying to make it big with his band, so he's simply there for the money and hates his life. He's horrible at giving direction and absolutely terrible at handling the pressure that comes along with being in charge. There has been numerous times that I've had confrontations with him, which I'm sure he told her about. I pointed out to her that I've never been rude to customers, and I get along with everybody I work with and that I'm simply not the type of person to walk around with a smile on my face when my supervisor talks to me like I'm a piece of crap. She then proceeded to tell me that she's find it suspicious that I've been calling in sick mostly on weekends the past little bit, meanwhile the majority of my shifts are ON weekends seeing as it's a banquet hall and I think it was a little uncalled for as it was completely out of the blue. Such a turn off. The kicker is that 90% of our servers will be gone in a week's time... they're all students from different cities so come September, it will be ME and ONE other girl left, and this is how they treat me? They threaten to fire me?

Point is though, school starts in 2 weeks and I really can't be bothered to even continue to work there. How should I handle this? I'm thinking of just emailing her and basically saying, "thank you for the opportunity but I will no longer be able to work here" and leave it at that. As for references, the business itself doesn't provide references, so it's up to me to get a personal one, which a supervisor that USED to work there already promised to me. I know it's not good to leave a job on a sour note, but that left such a bad taste in my mouth last week. My next shift is this Tuesday and she gave me NO shifts this past week because I booked the weekend off for my birthday.

Insight, suggestions?

Well, I used to work in the same business when I was in high school. My mother used to also for much of her adult life. (She's retired now). It was good money because of the tips, and a good part-time job. I'd say you should have made more of an effort to get along with your supervisor. You really don't have a right to cross him. Even if he was difficult or annoying, you have to be able to get along with difficult people if you want to survive in the workplace. Every place of employment has at least one difficult person who rubs you the wrong way. That's just a fact of life. Can't really go quitting your job every time you run into someone that's unpleasant or difficult. You have to learn to get along with all types on a job. The difficult types you try to avoid or try to minimize their impact on you. With that said, if you are going to have to quit in two weeks anyway, maybe now would be a good time to give your two week notice of leaving. Don't complain or anything in the notice, just thank them for giving you the opportunity to work there, and maybe say something positive about the experience if there is anything positive. But just learn for future jobs, there will be someone just about every job you have that is difficult to get along with. You have to learn how to suck it up if you want to stay employed. Or learn how to get along with them. If you allow yourself to be negative in response to a difficult person, then you are adding to the problem, instead of abating it.

Yeah, if you're starting school in 2 weeks just put in your notice now. About looking unhappy/negative--sure it's good that you're not rude to customers or anything, BUT in jobs like this where you're providing a service for people and interacting with them, you need to learn quickly to not let negative things affect your overall demeanor, and that includes your appearance. It's just the nature of the service industry.

And if most of your shifts are on weekends but you're calling in sick then of course it's going to look suspicious to your supervisor.

• Author

Thank you for your insight everyone.

The thing is, I love the guy himself. I forgot to mention this. He's an awesome guy and I thought he was super coool working with as a server. However, he's just not cut out for a managerial position.

As for calling in sick, I was taken aback because I DO NOT call in sick "all the time". The last time, I had to leave because I had a migraine and felt sick to my stomach. And the last time I actually called in was because my dad was having his prostate removed because of cancer and his surgery was delayed by a few hours so I wouldn't have been able to see him if I went to work. Any time before that, I was genuinely sick and let them know hours in advance.

And if they really had a problem with it, why wasn't something said immediately after instead of having it rubbed in my face months down the road?

Some of you guys are really strong to be able to head to work everyday with a crap supervisor - personally if it's a temp job not in my career field, I wouldn't find it worth the elevated blood pressure and I'd quit. Unless I really needed the cash desperately, of course.

The way I see it, there is nothing to gain from staying, in your situation.

bdasqrpawzsovsyc

cheap uggs ugg clearance cheap ugg boots online toddler uggs ugg classic cardy boots uggs store ugg style boots ugg store locations cheapest uggs uggs boots sale cheapest ugg boots uggs dakota ugg hats how to clean ugg boots at home ugg nightfall boots chestnut ugg boots uggs ugg boots cheap kensington ugg boots discount uggs bailey button ugg boots uk ugg trainers ugg sheepskin boots sundance ugg boots genuine ugg ugg ultra tall ugg boot sizing ugg ankle boots lo pro ugg boots uggs canada online The discount UGG boots are ugg store uk calf-height boots made from genuine twin-face sheepskin.The upper cuff on this traditional style has a natural curl, making each pair slightly different and uniquely yours.The ugg bailey button boots are updated with a wooden UGG logo button and elastic band closure and as with all boots in our Classic collection, this boot features a soft foam insole covered with genuine sheepskin and has a light and flexible outsole designed for refreshing comfort with every step.Make the ultimate fashion statement this year with your Ugg boots.just freshen up what you have with some UGG Classic boots.Ugg Boots are dominating the fashion world these days and they are available for almost every sense of style. Your choices are unlimited with all the different colors and styles. Why not pick a different Ugg for every outfit?Ugg sandals is that they can complement perfectly with your identity. Not only would you look stylish but at the very same time, you would also seem distinct and different to a good extent. On the other hand, if you are in some predicament with your feet and are in lookup of some of the greatest sneakers that can deliver the final convenience to your ft, you really should go for the Fitflop Electra. ugg australia sale uk are quickly acquiring a cozy design product within of US and Canada. So unique celebrities are attracted by them just like Oprah, Jessica Simpson, Kate Hudson, and Cameron Diaz and so on. They place on these shoes to show up at any sort of celebration as well as to film, advertise. That is steering to be to say, Ugg Boots is steering to be the mark of design and trend. On this modern day time day time society, you phone call up for them.Ugg boot is made apart away from your complexion layer coloring of an Australian merino sheep most commonly. The wool element of complexion coloring faces in for that within of within boot and so lies in opposition for that leg. These last results a cozy gentle critically really feel developing utilization of the boot.Along with remaining elegant to a wonderful extent they are also rather comfy. Although these varieties of Ugg sandals go perfectly any kind of outfit nonetheless they are more properly suitable with restricted jeans. They look very awesome and stylish and you can dress in them equally in your office as very well as any social gathering. As footwear the Ugg sandals are really attractive. If you must purchase please go quickly. As life, totally distinctive attitude, visual appeal at stuff totally distinctive angles .boots income clearance to create your do it your self with optimism, jump, open-minded, cheap ugg boots considerate, the mentality, know oneself to witness, do not demanding oneself, a great deal much more significant could be to surpass oneself, the clearance uggs breakthrough yourself, provided that existence there is hope.See your do it your self out, you may in add-on to his old German awareness, you will comprehend that existence and tired or happy, comfortable, is dependent for the person's mood, involving a person's attitude toward life, some element to feel.Warning: this layout is ordinarily a bigger, so when getting a diameter within the sizing of your shoes. Now lots of ugg sale at the close to the internet store for people. At the beginning belonging using the century, ugg boots outlet were put on merely out of necessity instead than for design - Airmen in World War I would put on uggs in their aircraft to preserve as cozy as feasible inside chilly conditions. And of course, Uggs were originally put on by Australian sheep herders. Uggs are ideally designed for chilly weather as the sheepskin possesses exceptional insulating properties. it absolutely was inside 70s that Uggs gained popularity for design causes instead than practical reasons. They gained huge popularity between surfers in both Australia and America, and inside subsequent many years their popularity has distribute circular the world.My wife recently bought a pair of which she seems intent on wearing until they self destruct. She wanted to know how she could clean then so she set about researching the best ways and also tried a bit of experimentation..this is the article she wrote following the reseach. Molly and Cassandra. There are also handy slip onuggs clearance online types like Sullivan, Koala and Parker. Ladies mocks and loafers consist of Crawford, Harlow and Thelma. Males near to a single other hand could get satisfaction from this type of shoe types as Hermosa, Chase, Donnelly, Indy and Jones. Footwear arrive in unique casual laid back again once again as shortly as once again shades like white, ember, toast, obsidian, dune and black. There's only a specific place for your most discriminating tastes.The sheepskin insoles are great, I in reality can positioned on these Ugg conventional short devoid of socks, utilizing the guide to that of gentle smooth lining within of your relaxation belonging within of your trail within shoe. Although they are relatively sturdy, the simplicity belonging within of your trail within entrance element belonging within of your trail within boots will make them perfect for practically any celebration from hiking to casual events. As I stated earlier they are relatively cozy to stroll near to and relatively an awesome provide like an athletic or working shoe. provides a way highlight for that boot, as well as the assortment of colors incorporates many of UGG's practically all standard ¨C dark, caffeine, proverb and bronze. The UGG Knightsbridge provides a leaner leg in comparison with UGG classic, as well as this could make the UGG Knightsbridge an extraordinary assortment for have on with skirts, sundresses and extra decreased leg showoffs.It is time to do absent with the drab colours of drop and winter months and seem to include a small flair to your UGG selection this spring. The Traditional Limited Fancy Boot retains all of the highest top quality materials and comfort and ease of the Original Classic Brief Boot but adds style with a choice of the hues Chestnut Marbled or Light Grey Marbled. They are not only fashionable but at the exact same time they are intended with terrific top quality elements. They are out there in attractive models and variations as a consequence of which they have develop into enormously preferred not only among females but also amongst women. If you have not attempted out the Ugg sandals however it is large time that you select up a person and check out wearing them.

Well, honestly, it sounds like you have a poor work attitude and a bad boss. Personally, I'd give notice and find something more suitable. Also, if you think that you cannot improve the relationship with the supervisor or work on the things she pointed out, then you should quit. It sounds like this has been building up and if the situation doesn't get better soon, you'll likely be fired. So your choices are to either make it happen, or just give up.

The thing is, I love the guy himself. I forgot to mention this. He's an awesome guy and I thought he was super coool working with as a server. However, he's just not cut out for a managerial position.

If you needed to keep the job, I'd say this was your angle. I'd sit down one on one with the guy, and say hey, I don't feel like things are going so well between us. I really like working with you and I want us to have a better working relationship - what can we do together and how can I contribute better to getting things done around here. If this were a long term thing, I'd say to make it your job to help him out and make his life easier. For people in career positions, the idea that "I'm just going to do my job and not care about anyone else" is a bad attitude... Go the extra step and make it your job to make everything work better, to the degree that you can.

Now on the other hand, if you don't need the job (and it sounds like you don't) then I'd either stick it out for the 2 weeks (and still do my best for the company anyway, but that's just me) or exit gracefully. I don't believe in burning bridges, even if I don't think I'm coming back this way again...

• 1 month later...

Wow, you have a bad attitude:laugh:

A 2 week notice is still the right thing to do & I'm not sure an email is the right way to handle that.