Great news. COLD EMAIL, resulted in response BUT...

quietGuy13

But they responded and said "You're skills look good but you don't have longevity... Employers look for longevity. I'll pass your resume on to X(a hiring manager i guess)"

That sucks.. So am I never gonna be attractive to employers just cause i don't have longevity?

The jobs i've done alway ranged from 3 months to 1.5 years. They just want people who stayed in the same company for 3+ years? Why?

Anyways, it was great that i got a response.

I was inspired today and just wrote this cold email :)

That's easy. It's a pain in the butt and expensive to hire a new employee. To really make it worth a company's time and expense, they like people who have a record of staying put and making their time and expense meaningful.

If you can come up with a good, legit reason why you left those jobs, write back and tell him. If you were fired, then just write back and thank him for his interest and assuring him that you are only interested in a long-term employment and that you want to stay in this geographic area.

• Author
quietGuy13

Well i'm back.

They called me back, and had a job for me but it was part time and not really a full job. It was like a few hours every month.

but anyways, i'm glad i accomplished something from a cold email. I'm starting to get the hang of it

Well i'm back.

They called me back, and had a job for me but it was part time and not really a full job. It was like a few hours every month.

but anyways, i'm glad i accomplished something from a cold email. I'm starting to get the hang of it

This is brilliant news. Congratulations.

• Author
quietGuy13
This is brilliant news. Congratulations.

Well i didn't get a job.

They just had part time stuff a few times a month. That is not really what i need. i need full hours.

But it was a nice experience