Am I clueless? Have things gotten worse over the years?

I am in school. It is a private college. It is very fast paced. We have to spend many hours with the same people. It started out somewhat cliqueish but progressivly is insane. I hear people bad mouthing one another and they are always trying to show one another up on a scholar level when we are all there to learn. They even have moved tables to be in smaller cliques from the bigger cliques...It is not an easy profession and if they get a certain aspect down they act like they are better than one another.

One girl that was supposed to be friends with me says thats the way people are. I never was around people that were THIS bad!! It is not an easy profession to begin with and if they get it they treat the ones who are a little more behind them like they are dumb.

I dont get it. I moved away from one man because of the way he treats me. He belittles a lot of people and portrays a person with a high IQ. I heard some of his grades are not all that either. I have never seen anything this bad and I would like to think I have been around a lot of people over the years and was in supervisory positions and will be again when I get finished here. I have not been raised to treat people like this and wouldnt treat a dog like they treat one another and sometimes me!!

I dont want to participate in any graduation honestly because I have enough drama at home with my extended family. How much negativity can one person take? I am already on HBP and anxiety meds and have been told to watch my stress levels.

I dont feel it is jipping myself to not go if it makes me feel uncomfortable.

2 questions....are people normally this rotten to one another now? (or am i in a particualrily out of control situation?) and what are your thoughts on graduation. Thank you kindly for your thoughts on this.

Edited by ON MY OWN
AgidaVapssima

Risperdal without a prescription buy Furoxone no visa without rx order Requip mastercard in Portland Myambutol online next day purchase Effexor Xr prescription online purchase Maxalt no prescription cheap Arcoxia orderd online without prescription purchase Parlodel prescription online Crixivan free consultation fedex overnight delivery Kemadrin overnight delivery fed ex Wellbutrin Sr purchased online without prescription get Desogen mastercard buy no perscription Epivir buy Cellcept mastercard in South Australia want to buy Suprax mastercard Prandin next day buy Aceon amex online without rx Prilosec cod next day delivery Benzac mastercard without a prescription or doctor buy Bactrim offshore no prescription fedex get Danocrine mastercard cod Accupril free consultation fedex overnight delivery canadian prescriptions Desogen purchase Plan B cod next day delivery Propecia online order saturday delivery purchase Aristocort without rx to ship overnight order Zestoretic mastercard in Detroit buy Lopid cod next day delivery Order Fansidar online cod Aventyl cod saturday delivery how to purchase Declomycin online without rx order Compazine overnight delivery how to get a Pilagan rx Buy Ticlid without prescription Glucotrol online without prescription buy Kytril amex online without rx buy Temovate without rx

Geez, sorry about the spam bots replying to your good question.

I went to a small private college and it was like that, too. I think it has to do with people not having real lives so they have to create drama and cliques to feel special. But there has to be some quality people in your college. You know, the ones leading service clubs, activists, or artists. Or the type of people who are friendly to everyone. There were quite a few great people like that at my "country club" college.

I suggest you go to graduation and focus on the one or two quality friends you have. Cheer them on as the get their diplomas. And they'll do the same for you. You can skip the drunken parties though. You don't have to stress out about other people being d1cks. All you have to do is focus on yourself and remind yourself that you are doing okay.

Congratulations on graduating.

• Author
Geez, sorry about the spam bots replying to your good question.

I went to a small private college and it was like that, too. I think it has to do with people not having real lives so they have to create drama and cliques to feel special. But there has to be some quality people in your college. You know, the ones leading service clubs, activists, or artists. Or the type of people who are friendly to everyone. There were quite a few great people like that at my "country club" college.

I suggest you go to graduation and focus on the one or two quality friends you have. Cheer them on as the get their diplomas. And they'll do the same for you. You can skip the drunken parties though. You don't have to stress out about other people being d1cks. All you have to do is focus on yourself and remind yourself that you are doing okay.

Congratulations on graduating.

Thank you so much 1st on the congratulations as I have worked extremely hard. It is good to know that others do see this too. It is terrible how people turn on one another. I have a few true friends there. It is just like you said how there are a few true friends and some that are nice to everyone and the few chosen that play the silly/immature games with one another.Thank you for the great advice! It is discouraging how others are....but I am focusing on the joys, positives and accomplishments and soooooo appreciate the extra boost and empathy!!!:) It is so helpful to me as I went back to school after 11 years, so thank you again for rejuvenating my spirit--it means alot.

Edited by ON MY OWN
  • Author
Back in 2002 or 2003 one of my college professors came into class and had to vent. His colleagues were ganging up on one of their own because he hadn't published a work in many years but in his defense his last work was quite an undertaking. This kind of nasty scholarly backstabbing has existed forever. Read Plato. His works are suppose to mirror the kind of "debates" they had in Ancient Greece. It is basically Socrates sitting on his rear all day saying "Ha Ha I'm smarter than you", finding lame holes to poke through others' arguments, and then they kill him.

Thank you so much for that info. It is interesting. I guess it has rubbed off on some of the student population as well, LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I have been nothing but nice to these people and they turn on me for no reason in these mini-cliques from the bigger cliques. I dont understand. If I was mean I would be more understanding of this rotten behavior. They dont even talk to certain people unless their posse isnt around, then some are good enough .....:confused:

Also want to add I never wanted to be in a clique in the 1st place but there just is a bunch of them unless you want to be a loner which I mostly have become....there are a few friends that are true in there but am trying to understand this....

Thanks for any light/experiences anyone has on this poor behavior. Seems like it is becoming more and more prevalent in our society as acceptable behavior....

Edited by ON MY OWN