Background check in business situation

Ruby Slippers

A client of mine who lives in another state just made me an amazing offer -- she wants to send me to a gorgeous destination overseas to do a few weeks of research and creative work for her nonprofit foundation, all expenses paid.

She seems legit, I have seen all the work in development for her new foundation, and I am in touch with her creative and tech team, who all seem professional and legit.

But since this is such an amazing offer, it involves international travel, and I haven't actually met her in person, I want to check her out and make sure it's not some weird scam. (FYI, my clients are all over North America, and they send me pretty big money to work for them just based on my portfolio and our phone conversations.)

My first thought is a basic background check on her.

Anything else I should consider?

laRubiaBonita

if she is in a US state- see if that state/ county/ jurisdiction has free access to court case and search her name, llc name, agent name, trade name, llc, entity name, etc..... along that line- google anything you might come across.

HI

sharing. I found by accident of getting into a situation where the ad was not legit.

I would highly recommend you do a background check on her. You don't want to get into a situation that is not real or bad one.

Judith