business is all about connections

Dan The Stud

i was a poor student and not the best writer. but i have connections and make a lot of dough. i laugh at the stdends who get degrees after degrees and then cant get a job cause their ass was stuck in a text book.

i was a poor student and not the best writer. but i have connections and make a lot of dough. i laugh at the stdends who get degrees after degrees and then cant get a job cause their ass was stuck in a text book.

I could care less about making money. I care even less about spending it. Your advice is as uninspired as I’d bet you are.

• Author
Dan The Stud
I could care less about making money. I care even less about spending it. Your advice is as uninspired as I’d bet you are.

they all say that but girls like guys with some dough. especialy hot ones. i didnt do well in school but i get ahead of more educated ones at work and i take care of my girl. never had a problem getting a hottie.

they all say that but girls like guys with some dough. especialy hot ones. i didnt do well in school but i get ahead of more educated ones at work and i take care of my girl. never had a problem getting a hottie.

You should try to have a little more imagination and fun in your life. I don’t recommend molding your beliefs to some stereotype purposed for attracting the largest amount of women. Instead strive to explore/enjoy your life to its fullest. If that’s sounds vague its because you’re supposed to fill in the blanks with what’s personally best for you.

• Author
Dan The Stud
You should try to have a little more imagination and fun in your life. I don’t recommend molding your beliefs to some stereotype purposed for attracting the largest amount of women. Instead strive to explore/enjoy your life to its fullest. If that’s sounds vague its because you’re supposed to fill in the blanks with what’s personally best for you.

i enjoy hot girls and i get plenty. you seem awfuly jealous

Hot girls only go for guys who know how to spell and use proper grammar. You get nothing.

• Author
Dan The Stud
Hot girls only go for guys who know how to spell and use proper grammar. You get nothing.

hot girls go for me. cant you get one?

Why would I be jealous? Why would you assume you have more money or get more women then me?

I feel sorry for the man who lets money and women define him. Your life and the people in it are only worth as much as you love them. This satisfaction isn’t measured through the material.

• Author
Dan The Stud
Why would I be jealous? Why would you assume you have more money or get more women then me?

I feel sorry for the man who lets money and women define him. Your life and the people in it are only worth as much as you love them. This satisfaction isn’t measured through the material.

i know i do on both counts. its not as assumption

• Author
Dan The Stud

you can spell better then me and got better grades but who cares

i know i do on both counts. its not as assumption

By claiming to know something you couldn’t you’ve lost all credibility.

like i need your credbility

It’s not my credibility in question. You’re the one making all the claims.

How did you go about making “connections?” Who was the person or persons that ultimately helped you get the big money job? How much money do you make, and what do you do? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Restless_Journeyman

I'm almost certain that you're trolling, but I'll actually respond seriously to this one.

Connections can help you in looking for a job or getting promoted, just as they can help you in any other endeavour, but they're far from the only thing required. Coming out of college I essentially had no connections, but was still able to acquire a very well paying job (for my age) after less than six months because I was persistent in looking for work and wasn't above asking for help doing so.

Graduating with honors in my program certainly didn't hurt either.

Nor are connections why I was promoted within 10 months on the job, becoming by nearly a year the youngest person to ever hold my current position in the company, nor is it why there is an effort to promote me again despite having been in my current role for less than six months.

Being on very good terms with my immediate supervisor and my manager have helped and depending on how broad you were with your definition of "contacts" you could define them in such a way, but they're professional relationships and I'm on such good terms with them because I'm damn good at my job, even if I usually don't say so to keep from getting a big head. They value me and since I mentioned that I may move elsewhere in the company soon, they're doing what they can to try and keep me instead. That is what good management and hard work gets you.

TL;DR: Contacts are good, but with little exception if you aren't any good you're just as likely to get pushed back out the door as you are to get your foot in it.

Edited by Restless_Journeyman
  • 3 weeks later...

If you're earning so much money and doing so well, can you actually tell us what is it that you actually do for a living?

If you're earning so much money and doing so well, can you actually tell us what is it that you actually do for a living?

He’s a motivational speaker, can’t you tell? Didn’t he inspire the best in you?

Feelin Frisky

I totally agree. But I've found that unless you're born into contacts you have to suck up and falsify yourself and play pretty degrading games. So, did your contacts buy you because your somebody's son? or did you go around trying to ingratiate yourselves to people with money?

I totally agree. But I've found that unless you're born into contacts you have to suck up and falsify yourself and play pretty degrading games. So, did your contacts buy you because your somebody's son? or did you go around trying to ingratiate yourselves to people with money?

His advice left me wondering as well. He had already lost me by the tone and narrow minded message of his writing. I still wondered who these great contacts were. Had he made a contact simply through his parents or has he some method that can be used by the average person. I’m always looking to make contacts that can help me. In fact when ever I here of something good happening to a friend or what ever I often wish them luck and say to think of me when they get real big. I’m all about going up to some one with power to help you and laying it out on the line “I’d really love to do the kind of work you do, I think I’d be great too” nothing necessarily comes of that. When a contact works out it works out great. I agree it should be done. Some times though you have to be your own contact. At a certain point it becomes more salesmanship then networking. It becomes more about selling yourself and or a product then simply meeting and networking with the right person.

A young upcoming mature gentleman would call his beloved a lady, not a "girl" or a "hottie". Nor would he have the audacity to flaunt such. I would thwart any attempt to hire this "guy" as he lacks decency. No school or text book or degree can render that noble characteristic.

Oddly I am of the mindset that thru the corporate world it really is about who you "blow".......

smoke at verses who ya know. I've known some well educated and dedicated workers get turned down for the corporate ladder because the Owner was sleeping with the guys daughter .

Sidenote: Where did this poster get off raggin on Pyro? Seriously this is a member who has his act together and really does have a BEAUTIFUL girlfriend (soon to be wife I believe?)

Feelin Frisky
His advice left me wondering as well. He had already lost me by the tone and narrow minded message of his writing. I still wondered who these great contacts were. Had he made a contact simply through his parents or has he some method that can be used by the average person. I’m always looking to make contacts that can help me. In fact when ever I here of something good happening to a friend or what ever I often wish them luck and say to think of me when they get real big. I’m all about going up to some one with power to help you and laying it out on the line “I’d really love to do the kind of work you do, I think I’d be great too” nothing necessarily comes of that. When a contact works out it works out great. I agree it should be done. Some times though you have to be your own contact. At a certain point it becomes more salesmanship then networking. It becomes more about selling yourself and or a product then simply meeting and networking with the right person.

I have had a lot of adult experience trying to elevate my station and people of wealth and power are not tripping over each other to vouch for anyone they don't know. I achieved some power and notoriety through one contact who had some kind of pact with himself to be "facilitating" to the younger up-and-comer but his seal of approval did not ingratiate me to any of his other "people". Many of them resented me. I think that things may have been different if I "bought them" all with wealth and personal favor. But I was needful of wealth and they sure as hell weren't parting with a shekel. That's not to dissuade anyone else from trying. Just know it may be a long slog to find someone who isn't territorial about things. One thing is always true: success is a game of "show and tell" and if you're all "tell" and no "show", it ain't happening.