How in the world Do I find 20 jobs per day to apply to?

quietGuy13

They say it's all about numbers. And also, i saw an internet JOb search tips video that said that you have to aply to 20 each day and then do follow ups.

In the web and newspaper there's only in average 2 to 5 things that i can apply to. And they don't put new things everyday( they keep putting the same ads)

So there's never gonna be 20 to apply to each day.

And don't even get me started with Interneet search sites like Career builder, Monster.com, etc.

Those site just list jobs like

-Engineer

-AT&T Finance representative

-Lead Developer/Manager

I don't know but this seems like those jobs are only for people who have tons of experience and have skills in high level work.

and stuff like that . I'm just a simple person looking for entry level type jobs in something to do with office work but i'm not anything special.

There is Dish washer and Hotel jobs, in fact at the employement office they're having an interview for hotel jobs but those arennot for me. They want cooks, servers, and stuff like that.

The rule of thumb I have heard for the job application process is you should spend the same number of hours in your job hunt as the number of hours you would be working in the job you seek.

It's not important the quantity, it's how well you do the process. I am in a field where at best I'd find 5 jobs a week to apply to. But I edited and tailored my resume for every job. And I also researched the company to make a cover letter that was specialized. Also, I followed up on leads and tracked them on a spreadsheet. It took me at least 2 hours of work to apply for one job. And I was able to manage a high interview rate.

With all that said, I killed myself to find a job and it took me a good 6 months to land one. Please do not beat up on yourself if you don't get a job right away. Try to do things that are useful in your unemployment such as teaching yourself a skill or getting in better physical shape. And have fun and allow yourself to have leisure time.

IllushMulty

the Dead Cert download full movie free downloads Skyline download movie Boston Girls hq Where Watch Dinner for Schmucks Film buy 6 Guns tide hq dvd divx ipod Watch How to Train Your Dragon 2010 Full Movie Watch Multiple Sarcasms Film Stream how to watch Faster the movie watch Iron Man 2 movie online Gantz film picture film stream Thomas & Friends: Misty Island Rescue The Social Network Movie Full Watch Season of the Witch The Film On The Computer

PelicanPete

I looked for a job for over a year until I found something. Just a stable entry level job I could do when I didn't have school. I had an excellent resume, great references, reputable past employers, and dressed for success, but I couldn't find anything no matter how hard I tried. It's really hard out there. I lucked out finding my current job. When I applied there, it turned out one of the guys I went to high school with worked there and saw my resume. He recommended me to the manager and I was hired on the spot.

A friend of mine with no job experience and no reliable form of transportation was hired at a restaurant just because one of his friends that was an employee there recommended him. Talking to my mom who works in a store, shes frustrated at her workplace because they are pushing aside and ignoring applicants that are basically overqualified for the job, for people that are inexperienced and lazy because they were recommended by an employee.

I guess the main tip I could give you being in your situation is it all depends on who you know. You're basically guaranteed a job if you apply at a place where you know someone at that can put in a good word for you.

dangerstranger

Make sure your resume rocks.

Tailor each resume for the job you are seeking.

If you find a job posting for a job you want, and know you can do that job- sell yourself in your cover letter and prioritize your experience.

What do you want to do?

I was jobless for a year after a rough time. I changed my resume for each job I sought.

The people looking to hire you want experience first. Always remember that when you write a resume.

You should be looking online. Try your local craigs list and keep trying Monster. Also go to the websites of all the companies you can think of, their websites will have a careers section where they list job openings.

There ARE jobs out there!

Walmart is always hiring.

If that's all you can get, that's what you should take.

Not everyone can start at 100k with cushy benefits.

A little extreme example don’t you think. There is a lot between 100k with benefits and split shifts at walmart where they refuse to give you fulltime hours and offer benefits you have to pay for that cover practically nothing.

You shouldn't be so quick until you have taken a Walmart job.

A little extreme example don’t you think. There is a lot between 100k with benefits and split shifts at walmart where they refuse to give you fulltime hours and offer benefits you have to pay for that cover practically nothing.

I'm not the one who threw out the Walmart example. From what I know the OP is looking for an office job.

Are you saying that a person who can only get a retail job at Walmart should insist that the job is not good enough and sit on welfare?

You shouldn't be so quick until you have taken a Walmart job.

We do not have Walmarts here, however I have worked in both food service and retail, and I did those jobs without insisting that someone owes me a better job.

If I had to work at Walmart I would.

I'm not the one who threw out the Walmart example. From what I know the OP is looking for an office job.

Are you saying that a person who can only get a retail job at Walmart should insist that the job is not good enough and sit on welfare?

We do not have Walmarts here, however I have worked in both food service and retail, and I did those jobs without insisting that someone owes me a better job.

No one has to work at Wal-Mart. The people who work there often are on government assistance. (the wages are so low they are still eligible)

You'd need much more than a walmart job to get by. You would need two or three of them to make ends meet.

For someone with a high school diploma, most associate's degrees, and some bachelor's degrees without training in a trade; without appreciable experience in a previous position which would make you eligible for a better one; and without having gotten out of the entry level doldrums, employment in a similarly menial job as one could acquire at Walmart is all you can expect in most of America at least.

Restless_Journeyman
For someone with a high school diploma, most associate's degrees, and some bachelor's degrees without training in a trade; without appreciable experience in a previous position which would make you eligible for a better one; and without having gotten out of the entry level doldrums, employment in a similarly menial job as one could acquire at Walmart is all you can expect in most of America at least.

Many associates degrees are focused on a particular trade and/or industry, so I'm not sure I would say "most", but certainly many aren't worth that much.

OP, my recommendation would be to apply to what looks good to you and not worry about the stated requirements a ton. Keep in mind that the job requirements/recommended skills are what they're saying an ideal candidate would be capable of, it doesn't mean they won't hire you if you don't have all of those skills.

Also keep in mind it's usually HR making that crap and they often won't be the ones with the final say on whether or not you're hired. If you think it looks like something you could do then apply.

Hi

I agree about searching online. The key they keep saying is to network but you cant totally rely on that. I have found watching the company website and if you have a community workforce center through the state -they have a way to look locally that local companies use in the city instead of like careerbulider etc. They say to apply in person too. after look at the company website

Judith

What I've learned is do the usual stuff like Monster, Careerbuilder, and CraigsList...but also just do Google searches for the position titles you're seeking and your city.

Often times many companies won't post jobs on boards and job sites. They'll just post them on their websites.

Go to company websites and check out their career areas. See what they're offering.