Do you ever wish you were doing something else somewhere else?

Loaded question...I know.

Let me start by saying that I feel very fortunate to be employed right now. I know that there are alot of people out there suffering and or scared. I was one of those people and let me say that it is no fun.

Issue 1:

I was employed in an industry that was hit extremely hard by the recession. After 10 years in upper management I was let go. I had no plans to return to my previous profession but after a year of unemployement I was offered lesser position with another company in the same industry. I took it,path of least resistance I guess.I'm now competting with more squirrels for less nuts but yes I know at least I'm working. The other thing is I work with people I have nothing in common with. I am trying but it's tough.

Issue 2:

I would like to move to a place where thats more suited for my lifestyle (mountains,Snow,outdoor activities). I could find that stuff where I live now but to partake I have to bump elbows with a million other people not to mention I have to breath crappy air while doing it. You might say "stop "bi%ching and move already". Not that easy...I'm trapped in a mrtgage for a de valued home.It's going to be a mess to get out of it.

I just feel like I'm wasting time existing in my current situation.

I guess my question is 1. have any of you been in this situation? 2. How did you change it. Did you just chuck everything and deal with the concequences?

Advice?

I wake up every morning wishing I was somewhere else doing something else.

desertIslandCactus

While at certain times I have yearned to live elsewhere and/or doing diff things, there are extremely importaint reasons why I must remain here.

That does not stop one from seeking continuted education and experience toward other endeavors.

You could plan toward your goal with classes or creativity while you are waiting for real estate to go back up, and keeping your eyes open for other job opportunities.

I think it's one of the most important things to do what you like the most. If you love your job you're motivated. In your situation I would just concentrate on your goals. I'm pretty sure things will change to better sooner than you think.

• Author
While at certain times I have yearned to live elsewhere and/or doing diff things, there are extremely importaint reasons why I must remain here.

That does not stop one from seeking continuted education and experience toward other endeavors.

You could plan toward your goal with classes or creativity while you are waiting for real estate to go back up, and keeping your eyes open for other job opportunities.

I guess they say that it's better to be looking while one has a job. I decided to go back to school back in August of last year. Its a slow process given that I have to work full time but I have a goal:). I think that my current situation serves as a reminder that there is something better for me out there for me. Call me selfish but I would like to at least enjoy what I do while I'm working towards my goal.

• Author
I think it's one of the most important things to do what you like the most. If you love your job you're motivated. In your situation I would just concentrate on your goals. I'm pretty sure things will change to better sooner than you think.

I hope your right Delicious. Thank you.

I'm plotting and scheming on a way to make things better;).

• Author

Well Awesome!!

My job consists of salary and comission. I was just begining to think that I just may get caught up financially. Newwwp. My boss just decided to pull our salary today.

I just cannot win.