How to deal with high-stress supervisor?

I am in week three of a 14-week temporary job assignment. My career is high stress already but this one supervisor makes me so stressed. My head supervisor (who I interviewed with) is very nice but is actually in another state. But the guy in my office who is in charge until about 1 p.m. every day is very high stress and cusses all the time. It makes me soooo uncomfortable and I just want to break down and leave the office. He's not cussing at me. Although he asked me to do something once and I took too long so he yelled at me. I don't know what to do. I don't work well in environments like this. Other people have talked about him when he's away. I'm only here for 14 weeks, so it's not permanent or anything, but I can feel myself dreading going to the office when he's there. When he leaves, it feels like a weight has been lifted. Any recommendations on how to proceed? I dont really feel like I can say anything to anybody since I just started and am only a temporary employee, although I do think its affecting my work.

Contact the temporary agency you are working through. They should be able to advise you on where to go from here.

• Author

Well, I wasn't hired through a temporary agency. The out-of-state supervisor hired me for the temp job. It's a professional job. And the out-of-state head supervisor and I get along really well. But I never interviewed with the person who supervises me several days a week. I had no idea I would have another supervisor. And I don't really want to go over him, that might make him ever more angry.