Supervisor is a bully !

I can't stand her and no one else can either. She treats everyone like crap. But my boss never sees it and she never does it infront him. I don't know why he put her in charge. She cracks under pressure really easily. Someone cool headed should be doing the job. She doesn't like and gives me **** jobs. I work in a warehouse and don't want to stay there. She knows this and puts me down. She was handing out our pay slips. And she said to me " here's yours since you like it here so much and you're still here".

She insults me for not moving on. Yet her daughter who is older than me, worked there almost as long as I have. And she has done nothing with her life. She had a child recently and is living off benefits from the government. So why does she insult me for? Thats hardly what I call doing better! Its even worse because she is unempolyed and doing absolutely nothing.

I can't stand her and no one else can either. She treats everyone like crap. But my boss never sees it and she never does it infront him. I don't know why he put her in charge. She cracks under pressure really easily. Someone cool headed should be doing the job. She doesn't like and gives me **** jobs. I work in a warehouse and don't want to stay there. She knows this and puts me down. She was handing out our pay slips. And she said to me " here's yours since you like it here so much and you're still here".

She insults me for not moving on. Yet her daughter who is older than me, worked there almost as long as I have. And she has done nothing with her life. She had a child recently and is living off benefits from the government. So why does she insult me for? Thats hardly what I call doing better! Its even worse because she is unempolyed and doing absolutely nothing.

These are insults also. I know you don't get along with her, but insulting HER is just sinking to her pathetic level.

I know how you feel, I have a nasty coworker whom my boss does nothing about. She's got her own issues, she's not a very nice person, but I don't put her down becuase then I would just be like her.

My suggestion would be to tell your boss. Recently my coworker has begun to "dug her own grave" and has been nasty to me in front of other people, including my boss (who now knows what's up). Unfortunatley my boss won't fire her, but it's only a matter of time before she does something that is illegal/unethical and my boss has no choice but to fire her.

No one need "accept" insults or company slights.

I did not read the poster say that he responds back with those comments but rather has that rational opinion.

Learn how to deflect those comments. I personally have used humor and when that fails, I do address the comments with a dose of humanity. Basically saying- Yup I show up and do my job, how about you? Sometimes people need that little nudge that you are a worker and not a thing to be trodden upon.

• Author

I'd go to my boss, except he always takes her side no matter what. I have no idea why he does. He is also a douche. He seemed to stop caring along time ago. I think he's just waiting out his retirement.

You got a job, which is more than some people who'd gladly put in hard work can say these days. Then you go in vocalizing how its beneath you and you don't intend to stick with it to others who might work it with pride. How else would she know that you have no intention of sticking around and only want the paycheck?

This is an insensitive way to talk about your life goals. It causes others to feel insulted for being satisfied in the work. You may have dug your own hole here.

Try to keep your opinion about the job you're working to yourself at your next place of employment.

• Author

Actually I have stuck with it, for years. While others have just left because of the way they've been treated.

• Author
You got a job, which is more than some people who'd gladly put in hard work can say these days. Then you go in vocalizing how its beneath you and you don't intend to stick with it to others who might work it with pride. How else would she know that you have no intention of sticking around and only want the paycheck?

This is an insensitive way to talk about your life goals. It causes others to feel insulted for being satisfied in the work. You may have dug your own hole here.

Try to keep your opinion about the job you're working to yourself at your next place of employment.

Actually she is verbally abusive to everyone. Is it any wonder why I hate it there? And by the way, she's only there for the paycheck aswell.

• 2 weeks later...
jean-luc sisko

I think it's just how she is, or chooses to behave in the workplace. I would suggest work around it, or learn how to deflect her comments and not let them affect you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Didn't have a good day. Up to her ususal tricks again. I only got rostered 2 days next week, while others got 4 days. I'm sick and tired of being underappreciated. I work hard and what for? So that the people that brown nose get all the days. I loathe being casual

That's unfortunate. I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with a supervisor who is a bully in your workplace. Bullying is horrible and unjustifiable no matter what. It's actually an epidemic throughout the world, especially in the workplace. Bullies are callous unintelligent cowards. You don't have to put up with it, and you shouldn't have to. Go to bullyonline.org. That site is a great resource for targets of bullying. They also have an excellent forum. One book I'm reading that's good too is "The Bully At Work".

pureinheart

(((((((hugs SK)))))))

She is arrogant and unqualified for a supervisoral position. A true supervisor gets "in there" with his/her people and is basically their servant per se...meaning the higher you are in essense the lower you are...I hope that makes sense, although humility is the key and this individual lacks in that greatly...she won't last, trust me, people don't work as hard for someone they don't respect.

may be i am wrongf,but i hope you can give me a opportunity !!especially the board administator!! if i do not get this message successfully i will be fired!!i need money to keep my mother!!!!

3x!!!!!3x!!!!!

<a target="_new" rel="nofollow" href=" http://www.goodgoodschina.com/categories/wedding-dresses/maternity-wedding-gowns">maternity-wedding-gowns</a>

maternity gowns for wedding

• Author
(((((((hugs SK)))))))

She is arrogant and unqualified for a supervisoral position. A true supervisor gets "in there" with his/her people and is basically their servant per se...meaning the higher you are in essense the lower you are...I hope that makes sense, although humility is the key and this individual lacks in that greatly...she won't last, trust me, people don't work as hard for someone they don't respect.

Unfortunately she has lasted, years. The company has lost our major client because they want to go in business for themselves. So my company is now downsizing. People have been offered redundancies and for some insane reason she has been told she's safe. What a complete utter joke!

pureinheart
That's unfortunate. I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with a supervisor who is a bully in your workplace. Bullying is horrible and unjustifiable no matter what. It's actually an epidemic throughout the world, especially in the workplace. Bullies are callous unintelligent cowards. You don't have to put up with it, and you shouldn't have to. Go to bullyonline.org. That site is a great resource for targets of bullying. They also have an excellent forum. One book I'm reading that's good too is "The Bully At Work".

This is excellent Mark...there were so many bullies towards the end of the program I worked in that it was pathetic. They really thought that by sucking up it would really make a difference. Nope they got the pink slip too, and their legacy remains...major kiss a**es, and high bean count figures for "productivity" which equalled to horrible, slip shot work in a program of which lives could be at stake. Their integrity and work ethics were a zero in my book, although hardly anyone found out because my friend and me would get called on their jobs to fix them by inspection...inspection told our supervision of their complete lack of integrity, although nothing was ever done and they went on to receive major awards for high levels of achievement.

Sorry SK, I feel ya and could go on forever concerning injustice in the workplace...it is pathetic.

That book about bullies is really good BTW...((((((((hugs again))))))

• Author

I really want to tell her where to shove it. That they've lost one of their best workers. Its not nice but neither is she. She just wants it so that its just her and her friends there. They keep getting rid of all the good people they ever had there.

That sucks. There are so many idiots out there. Since it sounds like you can't change it (and in my opinion you usually can't) I'd definitely start applying for other jobs or whatever is needed to get out. It might take a while with the economy these days but you need an exit plan to keep you sane. Good luck with it.

BrookelbyBear

I went through this at the end of last year, and it's not to be taken lightly. I told my boss numerous times, he did nothing, this person was the top billing consultant in the company.

I started a Harassment Log. Every time something snide was said, I wrote it down. I dated my notes, stated who was there when the remarks were made, and had about ten log's before I printed it and had a meeting with my boss.

I showed him the log, and then I advised him what the charges were for harassment in the workplace, and kindly reminded him that HE would be the one who would be sued if he did not act immediately. I told him I respected him, I had no intention of taking this further BUT, one day, this bully would harass someone who would.

Long story short; we're now in separate departments. I am still in my job, as is the bully, but we are kept well away from each other! :cool:

• Author

I unfortunately can't be moves to a different department than her, the company is only small. A former co worker did complain about her to my boss and do you know what happened? My boss took my supervisors side and they got rid of the co worker that complained! I'm looking for another job, as she gives the most days to her friends/ family anyway. The company is downsizing and she wants to make it so that its just her and her friends- and no one else.

If they can't appreciate my hard work, than I'd rather leave.

• Author

Working at this place and being with these horrilble people, has been like being in a bad relationship and not getting out. And as I'm not full time, no none seems to care.

I unfortunately can't be moves to a different department than her, the company is only small. A former co worker did complain about her to my boss and do you know what happened? My boss took my supervisors side and they got rid of the co worker that complained! I'm looking for another job, as she gives the most days to her friends/ family anyway. The company is downsizing and she wants to make it so that its just her and her friends- and no one else.

If they can't appreciate my hard work, than I'd rather leave.

WOW! They fired the hard worker? Definitely an eye opener to what kind of establishment you are working under, not a well managed one....

PS: I work for a place like this. True that anyone that Tattles on the powers that be, wil get canned first, I also learned to have soo much respect for those who did stand up and left with their dignity. I sometimes think that staying is a non verbal acceptance of the inappropriateness maintained there. I hope you get a job in a civil environment...For surely this one you are enduring is anything but civil....