Stress Free Life....

I have 2 jobs and the one I work only on the weekday mornings to early afternoon shift and the other job varies in hours. Anywho, I have been dealing with alot of stress and I have made it a habit to go to the gym every other day when I can and that is it. So, with work, my one job that I have everyday of the week except on the weekends is really getting to me. I have this thing well, it is a job fair that is going to be this comming Tuesday that I have been planning for all summer. I made sure I told my boss that we needed to change hours on that day so I can go to this, but with the way it looks, she is going to schedule me for a 10am to 2:30 or 3:00 shift. Anyways, it is complicated and I am sick of talking about it. Just frustrated and I think my boss has a problem that she has been in the bagel shop for 7 years and not in her field, and she wants me to go down the same path so she is making it difficult for me by saying that she wants me to work that day and whatever the schedule time is then that is when I leave. But the thing is she always has me leave early anyways. But it won't give me enough time at the job fair. And this is something that can get me into my field of graphic design, so I don't know what to do. I am totally stressed and about to cry because I am just so frustrated with working both jobs just to have money for computer programs, maybe someday my own apartment, bills, etc. So, whats a stressful chick to do? PLEASE HELP.

You can find another bagel shop equivalent job quite easily. Go To The Job Fair. If she fires you, she fires you. You can find another job like that. A job fair in your field, however, is much more difficult to come by.

If she schedules you to work during the fair, tell her you told her before that you needed that time off and are not able to come in. If she fires you, she fires you. It's not the end of the world, especially when the job fair could lead you to the type of job you really want. It may be a short term sacrifice for long term gain. You have to ask yourself what is really important to you right now: the job at the bagel shop, or a job in your field.

I think you know the answer. Go to the job fair.

• Author

Okay, I told her, and made it clear that I can work the morning hours, but I have to leave early. I really don't want to take the whole day off, but if that is what comes down to it, then so be it. I am definitly going to go, just don't want any problems with the bagel shop. I only have been working there for 2 months and became somewhat good acquainancies with my boss and sometimes we go out for a night on the town. So, I don't want any trouble. I don;'t ask anyone to do anything for me, but just getting a half day of working would be great just so I can go to the job fair at a reasonable time. Thank you for you response.