Boss might not give me a raise after my review, should I give up?

So me and my supervisor emailed my boss 2 weeks ago about having a review. Finally a week and half later, I finally get my review after having my supervisor pester him in person for it. So basically that was 8 days ago. My boss said he would look over my salary and go from there and get back to me on X day and he said it in a way that implied he would give me a raise.

Now here is the dilemma, he never got back to me even though a week has passed and I emailed him in a non-confrontational way if he had any thoughts about my salary since the review. He had the whole day to write back to me but he never did nor does he ever mention anything of it whenever I see him in person.

I have a feeling my boss is trying to ignore the situation until I give up. Me and my supervisor feel I am deserving of a raise because of job duties I've performed this past year and new responsibilities I'll have now, and my boss did acknowledge them also during the review. Unfortunately everyone at the company knows he's a cheapskate and has fired people in the past of whom he felt made too much.

I don't want to push this to the point where he wants to fire me if I keep asking, because at the end I know he won't give it to me. What are my options? Should I bother asking him in person?