Does it make me a loser to quit?

I'm suddenly sick of the society I live in. It's a rat race here everyday, be it at work, in school, social standing, even in church - you name it. Here's the series of events which have happened in the past few months.

At work - I hate my senior managers. One of them barely knows her stuffs, reports to work half an hour late, takes two hours lunch break and leaves punctually. But she gets away with her good PR skill and being articulate. The other one is f*cking stubborn. She always insists her opinion and can't accept suggestions. A few times the rest of the team agreed with me but she still insisted on hers. I asked for a promotion recently and was denied though I have enough experience and I'm fully capable.

In society: I'm freelancing as a makeup artist. My partner is a celebrity makeup artist. I was intro-ed to him by a mutual friend. His clients are mostly stuck-up socialites. He keeps poking fun at me relating to social status. It shakes my self-esteem after all that happened. The mutual friend who intro-ed us is 3 years older and works in the same line as me. He's already a senior manager and often quoted by the media. My partner is always bitching why I'm still down the corporate chain compared to our mutual friend.

My bf is not well-to-do but he's the best guy in this world. He loves me heaps and I know he'll standby me no matter what. My makeup artist partner keeps bitching that I should marry a rich guy since I'm not successful at work. I hate him though he feeds me lotsa jobs.

At church. The pastor keeps preaching God will bless us with prosperity if only we ask Him faithfully. At first I enjoy his message and feel motivated. Yesterday I suddenly felt sick of going to church. It's like drumming into my head, get rich, get rich, get rich!!

I suddenly have a strong urge to quit and lead my dream life which is to live in different countries every few years. But I know I won't be as well financially compared to my peers. I don't know if my urge to quit means that I'm giving up and accept that I'm a loser. SOS.................

LeaningIntoTheMuse

It doesn't make you a loser to live your dream.

However, you should consider all possibilities. Do you have a back-up plan if your plans fall through? How will you support yourself then? And do you hate your boss and coworkers enough to throw it all away?

You need to consider all that before you start leaping at chances. It's always best to be prepared for all possibilities.

• Author

I'm not sure if I oversimplify things. I thought, to survive, it's sufficient to hold a part-time job. I have some savings and I don't have any financial commitment right now, no house, no car, no kids. I thought of working as a diver in an underwater world or as anything in some other tropical beach.

The thing that's bogging me now is whether I'm a failure in a corporate world.