I asked if they ever going to hire me. Bad move?

I'm temp'ing at this place. already for 1 and half years.

So i decided to ask "hey r u guys ever gonna hire me?" cause they've been keeping me and teling me thta they'll hire me soon but itnever hapens.

she said i don't know but we're happpy to have you here.

I know she didn't have any jobs in her department nor did i want jobs there(customer service) but i was asking if the company would ever have any jobs for me.

anyways in sum, she didn't give me any answer cause she doesn't know. She is not even my boss. i dont even have a boss, i just seem to be floating. she used to be my boss when what i'm doing now was supervised by her.

Since i'm in need of work, i'm not gonna quit but not being hired in this long, is weird and annoying. i dont get benefits or nothing.

No, I don't think it's a bad move that you asked. I think it's bad on their part NOT to hire you, since they seem to like you so much & they've been dangling it in front of you.

On the other hand, there's a lot up in the air right now at most companies, due mainly to the slow economic recovery and uncertainty in Congress as to which laws are going to be changed (healthcare, financial) that affect business & commerce. So you are not the only one hanging out there on that limb!

The job market IS picking up, though. If I were you, I would quietly (at home, NOT at work!) start applying for other jobs. If you get offered a job with a reasonable salary/benefits, give your current company a resignation letter with a 2-week notice, saying you've been hired for another position and how much you deeply regret leaving. They may offer you a position then. Sometimes that's what it takes (them seeing your taillights in the driveway) to motivate them to treat you at the same level as you're valued.

I think OB gave you good advice. Asking that question is fine, it shows that you are setting yourself work related goals and you need the right information to make decisions.