what to get for someones wedding,need ideas

I need ideas on what to get someone at work for a wedding.Shes the other only,manager that has been so nice to me.Shes alot nicer then that other manager that I dont like.I just want to pick her up something not to expensive but something nice and I dont know what to get for her.

Any ideas on what I could get for her for her wedding?

Thanks.

Patty

There was a time when all my friends were getting married and I got them all nice wall clocks. They look nice but aren't very expensive. Many of your friends are probably registered at local department stores. The registry at the stores will have a list of things they would like to receive. Call your friend who is getting married and ask her if she's registered at any stores. Other than that, any kind of kitchen item is nice. Things for the wall or living room are usually the kinds of things people like to pick for themselves. You might also just come right and ask her what sorts of things she will be needing. People always appreciate getting something they need.

2SidestoStories

Hiya Patty!

I, like Tony, have selected a singular item that I have found I love giving new couples: Lamps. They, too, can be quite inexpensive, and vary greatly in appearance. One of the best places I've discovered great lamps is actually at Target. Nice, broad selection; everything from tacky to classy to fairly plain to twisted wrought iron-looking! Something practical and relatively unusual, at least in my experience! :)

• Author

Thanks everyone! Im on my way out to shopping soon thats why I asked,and will use your wonderful ideas!:)

It makes it alot easier now that I got ideas!

Patty

I usually give them money inside a card, but I also drag my camera along to the wedding and shoot a ton of photos. Then I pick the one I think best captures the event, get it enlarged and find a really pretty frame to put it in. Then I give them the enlarged print and all the pictures I shot. Most of the couples seem to like that idea, especially because they're so caught up into the moment of having to oversee the festivities that they don't quite get to have as much fun enjoying it as they like.

you can also find out what they like doing together best, and plan a gift accordingly. For example, if they're into hiking, there are a lot of neat places that carry gear and associated hiking items; if their thing is cooking, you've got a whole bunch of selections to choose from there.

I would never buy a decorative object for a couple unless I knew their tastes very well. Something I might think is gorgeous could be complete dreck to them. The best thing is to find out what they want. For the most recent friends' marriage, they mentioned that they didn't have enough seating or table space in their place and wanted TV tables. I was able to find a nice wooden set that they loved.

Some people give gifts they like. Others give gifts that the recipient likes. The two don't necessarily mesh!

I guess it depends on how close the both of you are. If she is like a really close friend or kinda seems like a family member, I would give her money. THat I would consider your best bet. Or give her a gift certificite to a really expensive restaurant or a membership to the gym or whatever. You don't have to go all out. But I can see that you want to get her something.

• Author

I almost got her a necklace.But still not sure yet.I was thinking of a calendar too.Or something little she could use in the kitchen.

Thanks.

Patty

Patty,

Usually, when you're buying a wedding present, you're supposed to get something for the couple. I doubt her husband's going to want to use the necklace.

At the last wedding I went to I bought a nice basked and filled it with the following:

two champagne glasses

a bottle of champagne

a book on how to give a massage

massage oil

two red hand towels (to clean up the oil)

and some other smaller things.

My husband and I thought this was especially funny (and wrote a cute little card to go along with it) as the couple was young and both from church, and hadn't been together (or with anyone else, for that matter).

I also like to do what quankanne does -- shoot a lot of film. However, one really rude couple called me up (after I'd given them a whole ALBUM of gorgeous pictures I"d taken) demanding the negatives too as they needed to make copies for their relatives. They loved the album, by the way, but they really offended me with that call (they were quite rude, "well are you going to give us the negatives or not? My God, how long do we have to wait till you get around to giving us the negatives?"). My mistake -- from now on I'll only give one picture.

The worst present I got at my wedding was a plastic cuckoo clock. It was the most bizarre thing I'd ever seen, and from people who I'd normally say have ok taste. But I did appreciate the effort. The stuff I did really like getting was the practical items: glass vases, picture frames, wine glasses, blankets, towels. The gift certificates were also thoughtful but we almost got divorced when we went to use them as we couldn't make up our minds what to buy (just kidding, we actually had a lot of fun shopping with the gift certificates).

You've probably already bought the present by now anyway, so I'll stop now.