How to speak up to a friend?

So I'm currently doing my flight training at my flight school with an instructor who I've worked with a few years ago on another license. I've become pretty good friends with him and know him pretty well. All in all, it's a pretty comfortable environment when I'm doing my training with him because of this. However, I have an issue with something and I'm not sure on how to go about it.

Basically, at the end of every lesson, we go on the computer and use this program that the school uses for keeping training records including billing. In it, he puts in how long the lesson was. For example 1 1/2 hours = 1.5, 2 hours = 2.0, etc. Then it gets submitted into the system for records and billing. The hourly rate for a lesson with an instructor is $50/hr. The scheduling there is by blocks that are 2 hours and 15 minutes each or 2.3

Now that the basic info is out of the way, my problem is that lately I've noticed he's been putting in higher numbers than we really did for the lesson. For example, I'd look at my watch just as we start the lesson. We would start at 1:00pm and finish at 2:30pm. That's 1 1/2 hours or 1.5. He'd put in 2.0, which clearly we did not do. I have a problem with this, but I'm not sure on how to approach it with him.

I know I need to be a little more assertive about this issue, but being that he's my friend, I don't know how to go about it. Please help.

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry your thread went unanswered. Did you approach your friend and tell him you had an issue with his posting of the numbers?