Job interview later today

I have a job interview today. I NEED A GOOD JOB. This job looks good so far. So I really hope I get it. I know I'm competing with a lot of people. But they told me they narrowed it down to me and 3 others. Its a professional position

desertIslandCactus
I have a job interview today. I NEED A GOOD JOB. This job looks good so far. So I really hope I get it. I know I'm competing with a lot of people. But they told me they narrowed it down to me and 3 others. Its a professional position

Do you have another interview?

desertIslandCactus
Do you have another interview?

Scratch that .. I thought you had a job interview .. see it's still out there.

Act easy, not demanding or expecting - they love that ..

• Author

The interview went olright. I don't know if I'll get hired though. I'll probably find out by this time next week. It was a pain in the ass to see other people I know interviewing for the same job.

desertIslandCactus
The interview went olright. I don't know if I'll get hired though. I'll probably find out by this time next week. It was a pain in the ass to see other people I know interviewing for the same job.

What happened to your other job?

During a time when I was unemployed, I became quite frusterated with bad interview after bad interview.

Finally I got a really good interview. I felt energized coming out of the interview, something I had not experience previously.

I knew at the point that even if I didn't get the job, just the knowledge that I could have a good interview lifted my spirits significantly for the duration of my job search.

So for you, just the feeling of a good interview is a good sign. You'll find a good job soon, and maybe you'll just get this job you're talking about!

• Author
During a time when I was unemployed, I became quite frusterated with bad interview after bad interview.

Finally I got a really good interview. I felt energized coming out of the interview, something I had not experience previously.

I knew at the point that even if I didn't get the job, just the knowledge that I could have a good interview lifted my spirits significantly for the duration of my job search.

So for you, just the feeling of a good interview is a good sign. You'll find a good job soon, and maybe you'll just get this job you're talking about!

I'm a little depressed at being unemployed right now. It seems like I'm either over qualified or underqualified for a lot of stuff. Today it felt like a combonation of over and under qualified if that makes any sense.

Yeah the interveiw itself felt posotive enough even though a lot of other things were upseting like the fact that I don't think I will get the job and even if I get the job I'm not sure it is necesarily what i'm looking for... (though I need money comming in again and something to do all day lol)

desertIslandCactus

I think where you are at right now: No job is going to be The One.

To get to where you wish to go, you may have to take a job of lesser while waiting for opportunity of The One. Or get into a company offering promotions to where you wish to go.

Also sometimes it takes experience on various jobs to be where you wish to be.

I was just a kid and barely made it out of h.s. .. Started on an order desk, then went to billing .. then accts receivable, payables .. By the time I was 26 - Fleur hired me as an assistant auditor because of my job-hopping experience .. ha Could have gone a lot further but fortuneatly got pregnant to put myself out of my misery .. :laugh:

Good luck, good luck, good luck!!:bunny::bunny:

I'm envious. I've been putting applications in left and right and haven't even gotten a call back. I'm going back and spiffing up my resume later this week.

• Author

I'll probably find out either tomorrow or Thursday. (I don't feel I will get the job)

I have a networking type lunch tomorrow with a guy in my profession. I don't really think anything will come of it but my family knows his family and told me to meet with him. I met with him probably a year ago and we had lunch but nothing came of it.

I've been a little depressed lately when it comes to all this crap. There is good networking oportunity tonight that I don't even feel like going to.

So I'll probably know the answer to how my interveiw went by Thursday night. And if Friday comes around and I haven't hear I'll just assume I 100% didn't get the job. (they needed some one quick so they would have to let some one know by then)

desertIslandCactus

Keep eyes open for all appropriate job opportunities ..

If the company hires someone else, and it doesn't work out - it wouldn't be the first time.

I've been a little depressed lately when it comes to all this crap. There is good networking oportunity tonight that I don't even feel like going to.

I know the feeling. I have been passively looking for a new job the last couple of months, but have recently started kicking up my gears. Once I graduate in December I will go into overdrive.

I like aspects of my job, but for the most part I am starting to feel like it's sucking the life out of me. In other words, I hate my job more than I like it. It's starting to make me feel depressed and hating that I have to go to work.

Have you tried a career center in your area? I went to mine yesterday just to beef up my resume, but am thinking about going back and asking for more help.

I don't think I will get the job and even if I get the job I'm not sure it is necesarily what i'm looking for... (though I need money comming in again and something to do all day lol)

If you do get the job (I know you're concerned that you won't), and if you felt pretty good about the interview, and you don't have any other offers, then my personal advice would be to seriously think about taking the job. Even if the job isn't necessarily what you're looking for, you can always quit later on. But from my own experience, a good feeling is a good feeling, and if you liked the interview, and didn't get any other offers anywhere else, then take the job!

• Author
If you do get the job (I know you're concerned that you won't), and if you felt pretty good about the interview, and you don't have any other offers, then my personal advice would be to seriously think about taking the job. Even if the job isn't necessarily what you're looking for, you can always quit later on. But from my own experience, a good feeling is a good feeling, and if you liked the interview, and didn't get any other offers anywhere else, then take the job!

I didn't get the job.

I went to a lunch with a guy in my field of work today and he gave me some basic advice some stuff I will use.

I'm still searching I feel a little hopeless but I'm also enjoying being unemployed.

I'm still searching I feel a little hopeless but I'm also enjoying being unemployed.

I know just what you're saying! I actually enjoyed that span of time when I was unemployed. I spent a few hours/day at the unemployment office, a lot of time at coffee shops, and collected unemployement from the State!

The more you "embrace" the benefits of unemployment, the more ready you will be once you find that job you want.

I'm sorry you didn't get the job - sounds like you're doing the right thing by enjoying unemployment and keeping your options open.

• Author
I know just what you're saying! I actually enjoyed that span of time when I was unemployed. I spent a few hours/day at the unemployment office, a lot of time at coffee shops, and collected unemployement from the State!

The more you "embrace" the benefits of unemployment, the more ready you will be once you find that job you want.

I'm sorry you didn't get the job - sounds like you're doing the right thing by enjoying unemployment and keeping your options open.

Its an exciting time to just be done with school but my family is going to give me such hastle when I go home for thanksgiving. Technicaly I've been unemployed for a while now but really its only been the month of october and now that I've truely been unemployed. It just really sux. The lunch I had last week didn't make me feel better. I know the person who got the job over me its BS. I truely think they hired that person over me because I seem more capable and the person they had before had quit for a better job (and yes I would have done the same thing haha) but what ever I still would have been best.