I cant believe I did this: Vacation schedule mix-up.

Next week I was thinking I was suppose to have a vacation.I kept thinking this all along.So today I showed up at work.And the manager was calling me.I went up to see what she wanted and shes like "you have a vacation this week" Im like "huh?" I thought it was next week.Well they dont have a darn schedule for me to look at so its not my fault it happened.Then I said "well what am I going to do now" and shes like "I dont know what your going to do".If they would have had a schedule this wouldnt of happened.If they have a schedule,I have no idea where they keep it.I was really embarrassed afterwards.And it made me mad cause the manager was giving me a hard time about it and it wasnt my fault.I was so embarrassed cause people were giving me weird looks.

So I called my mother to pick me up and told her on the phone that my vacation was this week.

Patty

Patty:

You have to learn to take total responsibility for everything that happens to you in this life. It's a tough world out there and if you don't look out for yourself, nobody's going to do it for you. It was up to you to make sure, by whatever means, that you properly noted your vacation schedule when it was arranged so you would know exactly when it was. The people at work are not there to accomodate you...they are there to sell product. Remember, you take responsibility for yourself in seeing that your life is organized and you know what you're doing and you'll have no problems. It was up to YOU to know when your vacation was. Your manager's can't be attending to the personal lives of each employee. You knew they didn't keep a vacation list so it was up to YOU to make sure you had this information.

Have a nice vacation, what's left of it!!!

• Author

Tony,they dont have a schedule there for me to look at.Yes,Tony early in the year we fill out a paper for getting certain weeks off and it has to be returned in.So they do have a schedule early in the year saying which employees get their weeks off.And they remind their employees a week in advance.My boss couldnt remind me this time cause he was on vacation last week.So I was totally unaware of it and thought i was doing the right thing.And my boss usually reminds everyone a week in advance.

Patty

• Author

I will write it on a piece of paper the next time so I know when Im on vacation.If I dont write things down,I forget.in fact I'll do that right now,write down that I have Christmas week off so I dont forget.

Thanks.

Patty