got a warning note from boss and HR

Boss involved HR to get a warning to me. HR told me to absorb information in order to fight back. Only boss, HR and the big boss knew this. I am assumming big boss has approved.

How serious is this? Why HR told me to fight back? How do I approach this?

I am so confused by all this. I send an email the the big boss for a meeting today but no reply (yet).

Any opinions? Should I involve an employment lawyer, if any? I feel like being abused for unknown reason. No termination yet.

We need way more details in order to give feed back.

Was it a written warning? Did you sign it?

What was the warning for? Do you agree with the citation?

Be careful what you post here if it becomes a legal battle. Don't post details that may identify you in any way.

I suggest you talk to HR for whatever clarification you need. Typically, HR is on the side of the employee's rights. HR pays attention to the legal matters involved. Get info from them and whatever you don't understand shared with trusted friends and it may be worth a consultation with a lawyer. Usually first consults don't cost anything and you'll get information to help you proceed.

A discussion board isn't the place to talk about the details. You must protect your anonymity. I hope the other posters understand this and don't pry for sensitive details.

I disagree with Cee. Reason. Details can be given ( such as the HR department write up was for tardiness or violating a policy). ANd guess what Most places fall under those terms...So until you can share what LEGAL ramifications (besides certain posters who just delight in cruising networking sites to find dirt on co workers). I see no reason a person can not give a general terminology for aiding in this matter. One needs a starting point.

• Author

The warning is about certain project way is not right, but that project was discarded. My boss also did that way, but she accused me of wrongdoing. She should get a warning too, but I am not her boss. I think she does't like me from other reason and try to find any evidence to get me down.

I am too tired and afraid of giving too much information.

I just feel boss can do what ever she wants to do, and the big boss turn a blank eye? Horrible.

Typically, HR is on the side of the employee's rights.

NOT!!! This is what they say, but it most certainly is NOT what they do. HR is paid for by the company. HR is ALWAYS on the side of the company. They're there to protect the company, not you. They may be trying to get you to admit wrongdoing by leading you to believe they're on your side ("fight back"). Do not be fooled!

Get info from them and whatever you don't understand shared with trusted friends and it may be worth a consultation with a lawyer. Usually first consults don't cost anything and you'll get information to help you proceed.

I do agree it is a good idea to talk to HR to see what they have to say. Just be careful not to incriminate yourself during the conversation! Don't admit to anything, and give them as little information about your own role/behavior in the matter as possible. And as hard as it is, do not get defensive. Just go in there with the intent to gather as much information as you can about what's going on.

• Author

I do agree it is a good idea to talk to HR to see what they have to say. Just be careful not to incriminate yourself during the conversation! Don't admit to anything, and give them as little information about your own role/behavior in the matter as possible. And as hard as it is, do not get defensive. Just go in there with the intent to gather as much information as you can about what's going on.

This is what HR told me when I talked to my boss. It seems that HR is on my side.

My boss behaved like a 'revenge' to her other issues with me. She makes small things bigger. In terms of management effectiveness, this is the worse way.