Co-workers nosey about my relationship status

How can I tell my co-workers to get off my case about my relationship with a co-worker? IN THE MOST IMPOLITE WAY POSSIBLE SO THEY CAN CATCH MY DRIFT?

I don't think it is any of their business! Nosing around like that! I have a good head on my shoulders and I know the boundaries. Before agreeing to date my co-worker, we've already set guidelines on how we will behave and how we will deal with this.

Please help. Give me a list of the best tell-offs you have. Seriously. They're can't be fazed with polite words, even leveling with them in a polite and civil manner. Ugh!

Arent some people so nosey?

I hate co worker relationship questions, or nosing around. I always use sarcasm as my defence. For example;

"oh him, yeah we're dating but he's just one of my 30 boyfriends"

"Actually, we just found out we're long lost cousins so we thought we'd make the most of it"..then wink

etc etc......just say something totally off the wall that will make them feel like a total idiot for asking, it usually works.

I used to get asked why I was single, or when I was going to get a bf blah blah. So one day I told the old ladies that me and another girl I worked with were actually closet lesbians together but shhhh it was a secret. They dropped jaws and couldn't figure out if I was joking or not, and that was the way I liked it haha

@Jean- luc sisko

Or don't date co-workers at all

That is just bloody ridiculous. It's not their fault that they have fallen in love.

Just tell them to rack off, really... I hate nosey parkers, it's none of their business! :cool:

ahh so long as both are unmarried and able to date civily it really is no ones business but here is a stopper that has worked.

Look straight at them, grab a pen and paper...then politely with the sweetest smile...Say "Hey! Can I have your email or home address, I'd like to have you on my newsletter for whattheheckdoesitmatter newletter I do each week" Then graciously walk away.

I did that one time and the person really was ready to give there email til I finished the sentence. :) Then they gave this brisk look and stomped off...It was soo sweet..to just see there re-action. :)

• 2 weeks later...
jean-luc sisko
@Jean- luc sisko

That is just bloody ridiculous. It's not their fault that they have fallen in love.

Just tell them to rack off, really... I hate nosey parkers, it's none of their business! :cool:

No work relationship, no gossip.

• 2 weeks later...