A Word To the Wise (Business Owners)

I have a friend that owns her own catering business, they do hi end events such as weddings etc., they will do any type of event.

A while back she was approached by a producer from a popular TV show that wanted to do a show on one of her scheduled wedding events.

Long story short...this "show" straight up stole the wedding party...the producer gave all sorts of excuses as to why it could not be filmed in her building (which there is nothing wrong with her building, it's extremely classy)...then to add insult to injury the "show" showed a shot of her building (they used a very bad shot) cutting it down, and cutting her business down:mad:.

End result, this cost her thousands of dollars and she got bad publicity!

She was once again approached by an even more popular TV show...I think it is against LS policy to divulge the shows names...BUT, this time she told them she wanted a contract stating that should they "steel" the wedding party they would pay triple of the original cost of the wedding....

I was sooooo pissed when I heard that....please be careful as customers are important and most smaller businesses rely these monies for overhead, especially in this economy...

Businesses, please watch your back on everything:)

jean-luc sisko

That's unfortunate, and I'm sorry your friend got shafted like that.

I think in general, all promotion channels should be vetted, prior to agreeing to use them to promote a business. this includes the press, TV, radio, etc.

Maybe your friend can advertise in wedding magazines or publications?

• Author
That's unfortunate, and I'm sorry your friend got shafted like that.

I think in general, all promotion channels should be vetted, prior to agreeing to use them to promote a business. this includes the press, TV, radio, etc.

Maybe your friend can advertise in wedding magazines or publications?

Yep...that's what she is going to do in the future...thanks Jean-Luc...the last sentance is an excellent idea...

Also, some really cheap advertisement, would be to spend a weekend with a booth at a popular swap meet in our area...I'd say 5k + frequent this place every weekend, also our mall is popular....