Failed the cabin crew interview, now what?

iwanttolive

So, I did not clear yesterday's cabin crew interview. I'm not sure why, I thought I spoke and looked confident at the group speech round (1st round). Maybe I'm too old, 29 this year. I'm seriously sick of corporate jobs. The reason why I wanted the cabin crew job is because I will be paid to look good and the money is good too. What other jobs offer you such benefits?

I feel like I'm wasting my life if I stay with a corporate position though the money is alright. If I join the rat race and climb up the corporate ladder, chances are I'll need a plastic surgery to restore my youth soon.

Sucks to be rejected and now what??

So, I did not clear yesterday's cabin crew interview. I'm not sure why, I thought I spoke and looked confident at the group speech round (1st round). Maybe I'm too old, 29 this year. I'm seriously sick of corporate jobs. The reason why I wanted the cabin crew job is because I will be paid to look good and the money is good too. What other jobs offer you such benefits?

I feel like I'm wasting my life if I stay with a corporate position though the money is alright. If I join the rat race and climb up the corporate ladder, chances are I'll need a plastic surgery to restore my youth soon.

Sucks to be rejected and now what??

Are you trying to get hired as a flight Attendant?

amerikajin
Maybe I'm too old, 29 this year.

Too old at 29? Don't be ridiculous. You're too young.

Now if you were in Asia, you'd be on the airline pension fund by now.

I'm sorry you didn't get the job, but there is no guessing what went in their decision. In all likelihood though, their decision isn't a reflection on you, but on the quality of the candidates selected. Maybe they had more experience in the service or care industries.

One thing, that I'm sure you realize, being part of a cabin crew is hard work. It's about a lot more then looking good: it's about being responsible of the well-being and safety of a planefull of often disgruntled, nervous, anxious, uncomfortably-seated adults who are rendered powerless to the point where they depend on you to get them a glass of water.

And, perhaps you can console yourself with this thought: recycled air wrecks havoc on the skin.

• Author
iwanttolive

d-lish, yes, i'm trying to get a flight attendant job

americajin, you hit the nail on the head. Yeah, i'm in asia!

kamille, I can't get over the "looking good" part. To me, that's mostly what the job is all about. The safety aspect, I'm not so convinced. It's like there's nothing a cabin crew member can do if the plane is crashing. Likewise, there's nothing a cabin crew can do to prevent a crash...

kamille, I can't get over the "looking good" part. To me, that's mostly what the job is all about. The safety aspect, I'm not so convinced. It's like there's nothing a cabin crew member can do if the plane is crashing. Likewise, there's nothing a cabin crew can do to prevent a crash...

If this attitude showed to the interviewers, i'm not surprised you didn't get the job.

White Dove

Do you know the complete CPR?

Do you know how to help passengers give birth on the aircraft with minimal medical equipment?

Do you know how to open aircraft door for B747, B777, B737, A330 & A300?

Because different aircraft, different operation of opening the doors. Be it pneumatically or manually?

Do you know how to inflate the slide raft manually, in case it fails to open automatically?

Do you know the procedure to attend to a child that is having a seizure?

Do you know how to use AED?

In case, there's a belly landing, do you know which usable door that needs to be opened during evacuation?

The questions are endless, in regards to safety of the passengers.

Flight attendants are required to look good but it isn't just about looking good. They have to go for an intensive training and exam every year which is required by the company and FAA.

The questions are just the tip of the iceberg. Do you still think it being a flight attendant is just looking good?

kilted_barbarian

29, good looking? Try modelling. I do not think you have the understanding of what an important job being a flight crew member is.

I was flying to Portugal on a business trip a year ago, when a male passenger came down the aisle, asked a memebr of flight crew for help as he didn't feel well, and then collapsed and had a seizure.

What would you do?

I was actually amazed at the response of the flight crew that day, they were very professional and it gave me a whole new appreciation for their abilities.