Question about following up on resume..

Gingerblue

I recently emailed a resume to a company for a position that they have available. I got a response a couple of days later, stating that they will be reviewing resumes over the next week or so.

Today I sent a follow up email, inquiring as to if they are still reviewing resumes. It's been about 10 days since I submitted mine. Do you think this was appropriate or did I inquire too soon?

Thanks!

Today I sent a follow up email, inquiring as to if they are still reviewing resumes. It's been about 10 days since I submitted mine. Do you think this was appropriate or did I inquire too soon?

generally they will contact you if there is any interest and usually its fairly quickly (like within a week or two). followup emails generally go un-noticed unless they intended to contact you anyways.

• Author
Gingerblue

LOL!!

They hired someone else, but mentioned that the position was located in a city 300 miles away from me anyway. Oh well..que sera and all that..

Cinnamon2000
I recently emailed a resume to a company for a position that they have available. I got a response a couple of days later, stating that they will be reviewing resumes over the next week or so.

Thanks!

From my own experience, the only follow up letter that's needed/useful is the thank you note after an interview. Everything else won't make a damn difference.

Correct. If it was an online application, they never even look at your resume. It goes through a computer that sifts out the ones that don't have the correct words and word phrases. Then, MAYBE, a human will look at your resume.

Always create an updated resume for a job that contains the word phrases in the job ad.