Fancy a colleague but hate my job

Probably one of a thousand people with a similar problem here!

To be fair, there are very few people who actually like their jobs, but mines becoming incredibly depressing now. Im in charge of the lettings department at a small estate agency, however my job title a year on from starting is still "trainee" and although I run the department, im still treated like a kid. we have two linked branches and 8 staff between them. Iv now got several interviews lined up with other agencies around the area as im just not getting a break where I am. With any luck, il get offered one of these jobs and be able to leave the mess behind, and actually be able to afford to live and treat people!

However, a girl who has started a lot more recently covers the other branch and is absolutely stunning. No-one else seems to have noticed this or seems to have noticed that I have. The branches work closely with each other and I have found myself working with her alone several times. Nothings happened, we're both professional, but I think we get on really well and its giving me a reason to go to work. I know I need to say something to her before I leave (which I will eventually come hell or high water) but whenever I have had the opportunity, for some reason my nerve completely fails me. I have been knocked back several times before and am not the most confident person in the world, but iv never found the words "do you fancy getting a drink after work" so difficult to say!

Need help!

Don't date her while you are still employed there. If things go pear shaped, you will be even more miserable. Wait until you have accepted another job offer and then ask her out because you will have nothing to lose.

mixedupman

Agreeing with the last poster, wait until you are leaving the job to see if she has any interest in getting to know you better. It will be much less complicated.