Today at work,as I was working,I was waiting patiently for my break.I have a habit of waiting untill the last minute to go to the bathroom.Then I get uncomfortable with a full bladder.So I just wait untill someone notices.Then today someone was asked if they had to go to the bathroom,so I thought I would have been asked the same thing.I was waiting patiently for someone to ask me at work.

I finally just started making faces like I was getting uncomfortable.Then finally someone noticed and asked me what was wrong.I told them and they told me to go ahead,so I rushed to the bathroom before my bladder burst.I could not hold it any longer.

Its one of the weaknesses I have at work.I wish I knew how to stick up for myself.

Patty

Don't wait. It's bad for the bladder. And where exactly do you work where you have to get permission to go to the bathroom?

PurpleAngel

When I was younger I worked in retail and hospitality for 9 years and let me tell you, when you GOTTA GO you just GOTTA GO! They CANNOT prevent you from going. Just threaten a major flood… don’t think Macka’s would appreciate that type of publicity!

No excuses Patty! You cant risk injures to your bladder cos you work at Macka’s, they can hardly say NO, if you have to go to the toilet! They will survive without you for 5 mins!

:bunny:

• Author
When I was younger I worked in retail and hospitality for 9 years and let me tell you, when you GOTTA GO you just GOTTA GO! They CANNOT prevent you from going. Just threaten a major flood… don’t think Macka’s would appreciate that type of publicity!

No excuses Patty! You cant risk injures to your bladder cos you work at Macka’s, they can hardly say NO, if you have to go to the toilet! They will survive without you for 5 mins!

:D;)

Patty

????

Unless there are a million customers in line, I don't understand why you can't run out for two minutes to go to the bathroom? I worked at Wendy's back in high school, and I always went when I had to go, and made sure to go right before the lunch or dinner rush. They never made me wait for my break.

Patty, seriously, just go to the bathroom when you have to go. This is insane.

PurpleAngel
Originally posted by clia

Patty, seriously, just go to the bathroom when you have to go. This is insane.

HA HA HA... LOL!!! AMEN clia!

:laugh:;):p

Most franchises are very strict about ensuring that management always know the whereabouts of crew (especially junior crew), for effeciency and safety purposes. Thus, it is a rule in most restaurants that crew inform management when they need to go to the bathroom. Of course, they are unlikely to ever be turned down! But I can't tell you how frustrating it is when crew just dissapear for 5 or 10 minutes at a time, leaving their station unmanned.

But Patty, going to the toilet is not a crime. If you need to go just politely inform your manager - that is the best way for all involved. You can't expect people to be mind readers.