The receptionist

bobthewhaler

Hi.

I'm completely enamoured of our receptionist. She is just a great person. She really likes me too, but is currently involved in what she describes as "a convenient relationship". She has claimed to be ending it now, and I can see that the stress of doing that is really getting to her.

She is about 20 years older than me. Not a problem for me, i feel how i feel no matter what, but she has stated multiple times that she is concerned about the age difference. I think we're the only two people whose opinions matter on this subject, but she remains unsure because of it.

I have been waiting (patiently, i think) until her current relationship has come to an end to really kick our relationship into gear. She treats me better than any other woman I have ever gone out with, which is nice.

She also remarks about what she feels is her recent loss of independence and confidence. I'm absolutely certain that i can help her lost sense of confidence, as I have noticed that it is hard not to be confident when someone is loving the crap out of you.

I am not concerned about working with her, as I will gladly find another job if she consents to enter a serious relationship with me.

So my question is, "Do you think there is any way of convincing this woman that I am serious about a long-term relationship despite our age difference?" I try to tell her how I really feel, and no, i'm not very good at expressing my feelings. Any advice would be welcome to a 2-time loser like me! thanks!

give her some breathing space, but in the meantime continue to be her friend. she'll appreciate that you're not hounding her for a relationship, and who knows? maybe she'll grow interested in the idea of dating you because she likes you as a friend already