Giving out personal info?

TwinkletOes26

Is it standard practice for a job to ask for your credit report BEFORE they decide to call you in for an interview? Ive been applying to several places and sometimes certain places will state that im qualified BUT they want my credit report.

I email them back telling them that I require more information about their company before doing this and I usually get a huffy letter telling me that this is standard. WOw just wow i want a job but I dont want my identity stolen. What is wrong with these people???:mad::mad:

I would think the credit check BEFORE the application would only be in certain fields.. ie: banking, investment firms etc etc.

Are you applying in a field that deal with the handling of money, security's or accounts receivable , or a field where grand theft can occur easily ?

I wouldn't give them a report before applying and them accepting your application.

We have used them here but only after the process was started and we liked the applicant and after they have had the first interview.

Edited by Art_Critic
  • Author
TwinkletOes26
I would think the credit check BEFORE the application would only be in certain fields.. ie: banking, investment firms etc etc.

Are you applying in a field that deal with the handling of money, security's or accounts receivable , or a field where grand theft can occur easily ?

I wouldn't give them a report before applying and them accepting your application.

We have used them here but only after the process was started and we liked the applicant and after they have had the first interview.

Im applying for office admin positions. They claim they like me but require a credit report. You know before anyone starts I dont have anything to hide except NO CREDIT lol but I know that especially in these times there are scammers out there so they should understand my wanting to protect myself.

When you post a job listing without a company name and claim you want no calls just email resumes then demand i send you a credit report at my expense Im sorry just sounds shady to me is all.

That doesn't sound right to me...

Are they sending you a release form to sign, or just asking for your SSN so they can purchase one or what?

When you post a job listing without a company name and claim you want no calls just email resumes then demand i send you a credit report at my expense Im sorry just sounds shady to me is all.

Yes, that's shady. Don't do it.

Is it standard practice for a job to ask for your credit report BEFORE they decide to call you in for an interview? Ive been applying to several places and sometimes certain places will state that im qualified BUT they want my credit report.

no this is a scam to get your personal info and then steal your identity.

• Author
TwinkletOes26
:(:mad::mad:Ok good i was right in refusing such a shame people are taking advantage of the unemployed smdh:mad:

Thanks for that tidbit of info when seeking a job!

I was following along on the fact that military ,federal and Security Exchange jobs carry a thorough research of a person BUT only after FIRST making an appearance and AFTER BOth sides commit to a legitimate employer/employee relationship. Criminal background checks are another matter entirely though.

Just truly mystified that Folks are being scammed in this way....*sad*

Thanks for that tidbit of info when seeking a job!

I was following along on the fact that military ,federal and Security Exchange jobs carry a thorough research of a person BUT only after FIRST making an appearance and AFTER BOth sides commit to a legitimate employer/employee relationship. Criminal background checks are another matter entirely though.

Just truly mystified that Folks are being scammed in this way....*sad*

Yes, and they will ask you to sign a credit release form and obtain their own copy of your credit report; they won't ask you to give them one yourself.

Edited by OnlyJake