friendly or flirting?

okay,recently i joined a local gym,hired a personal trainer few months back...i know i know almost every woman falls in luv with their trainer but i'm just curious...may i be interested?..maybe...if he is..but not if its just going 2 be a 1 way street type of thing...Anywho

Little things that make me wonder..

1. he's very interested in me ..what music i listen to, movies,etc.

2.he is ALWAYS laughing with me or what i said or some joke he always has to tell me...always laughing or smiling..not thats it bad but its a lot!:D

3.he acts like a kid at times..meaning that he will play with the medicine ball like if it was a basketballor dance..without music lol.. he's always up to something

4.he touches me softly, not innapropriatly...which i know he may need to touch me @ times to help me but touches me when its not needed

5. he ALWAYS ask me what am i doing that night which is always on the weekend..i always give a b.s. answer cuz i get nervous..he just smiles and looks at me sorta mischiviousely

6.friend of his smiles or laughs knowingly whenever p.t. and i are together..i just dont know what he finds amusin..

7. i noticed he has gone out of his way to do things 4 me in the gym environment of course....

so what da hell should i do? cuz i just wanna know so i could get da ball rolling.. thanks 2 all

hes flirting with you cause you are his meal ticket and he wants to keep you as a customer. not unlike what attractive waitresses/bartenders do to their male customers.

Nothing you've said seems out of the ordinary for a personal trainer. Being flirtatious and acting interested is a part of their job. Keeping the client interested in them keeps the money coming.

That doesn't mean that he isn't especially interested in you, only that the same rules of signs don't apply to someone in his position, so it's impossible to tell.

• Author

i agree with all of you...but its getting distracting so imma let him know he needs to keep it proffessional between us..like i just wanna go ..train..and be out cuz i have a goal and i need 2 reach it..no time for b.s. thanks to all once again...

I think, he's just being friendly. That's part of his job as a trainer. Don't be overwhelmed.

I think if he really likes you.. he will say that. Unless, he's not a man.

• Author

okay so last session we were doing da same as usual , laughing, hAVING FUN,BLAH BLAH BLAH... long story short i told him my birthday was coming up soon and he said oh so i can take you out now..we can gou out...what does that mean..i know besides the obvious but according to all of you he's just being friendly...is he being friendly or what?.....

He's mildly flirtatious (which isn't atypical for a trainer) but don't go down that road unless you're willing to find another gym and trainer. Don't take it seriously, especially if he is the type that goes through his clients.

People (both men and women) are flirtatious when they like people that they flirting with.

thats not true...some people are such accomplished flirts that they can flirt with anyone. usually they are looking for something besides romantic involvement especially if its in a business setting (i.e. money is exchanging hands)

You should decide for yourself what you want to get out of it? a dinner on your BD followed by a back massage:love:?

• Author
People (both men and women) are flirtatious when they like people that they flirting with.

So, he likes you.

The question is do you like him (you seem to do :), and what do you want to do.

All things said here are true (he could flirt "professionally" as this is good professional behavior for a fitness trainer, he could be a "Don Juan" (and sleep with the half of his clients) and so on.

Forget about what he wants. Decide what do you want (and under what conditions) only then decide what to do (if anything:).

Enjoy (flirting is fun:). Or flirt up (call his bluff (if it's a bluff)). Ask him out. Or just ignore it and exercise.

Anyway, concentrate on having a good time (if you don't have a good time exercising you will hardly achieve your goals :)

Henry

[FONT=Calibri][sIZE=3] [/sIZE][/FONT]

hey , i just wanted to let you know that i agree with you a thousand percent! and i will take ur advice... thank u so much..:D:bunny:

• Author
thats not true...some people are such accomplished flirts that they can flirt with anyone. usually they are looking for something besides romantic involvement especially if its in a business setting (i.e. money is exchanging hands)

uhm... have you been severely hurt by a past love that you believe only the negative in people?...calm down! i hear what you say about I'm his meal ticket but he has more clients and he is not only depending on me...thanks for your responces but try to lighten up mr. alphamale

hey , i just wanted to let you know that i agree with you a thousand percent! and i will take ur advice... thank u so much..:D:bunny:

and yet another poster only taking what he/she wants to hear and ignoring the other advice in the thread. :rolleyes: hang around a while and you'll see how often alpha is spot on.

• Author
and yet another poster only taking what he/she wants to hear and ignoring the other advice in the thread. :rolleyes: hang around a while and you'll see how often alpha is spot on.

like i said i hear what he said and what others have said as u can see the only one i referrenced was alphamale because he is negative about the entire situation..in every situation there is the positive and the negative...its not only negative...the one who is experiencing these things is me and i come here as a second opinion not as the resolution to my situation..the reason why i thanked henry was because i like his advice and put the perspective in my hands and do what i want with the situation because apparently my trainer has left the door open.if you dont have an answer about the main question asked please do not post your unwanted 2 cents..okay?!;) thank you..this is not a thread to be taking sides its just answers...:D

SadandConfusedWA

I personally lightly flirt with men I have no interest in. It's fun :) don't read too much into it.

As a PT myself, I cn tell you that I treat all my clients differently. There is being friendly and there is being over friendly...the only thing that got me thinking it was over friendly on his part was the light touching you mention.....

Sounds like you have a crush on your PT!

What have you got to lose?!