Yikes! I got the job!!!

So apparently I did well on my second interview today and they want me to start tomorrow! I can't believe I actually got it! Would it be terrible of me to ask if I could start on Monday or even Friday at the earliest? Just to give me time to prepare and what not. I guess I just wasn't prepared for this. I guess I will start tomorrow, but my head is just spinning right now. Eeek!!:):):):eek::eek::eek::bunny::bunny::bunny:

Wow, congrats!!!:bunny::bunny::bunny:

I say start tommorrow! What would you need to prepare for? They are going to show you how to do the job!!!

Fantastic news! I'm really happy for you...must be such a relief - i mean you'd fought for long enough, right?:D Congrats.

Hurrah hurrah hurrah!!!

Start tomorrow. Bringing in a new employee on a Friday is a pain for a company, as Fridays are ALWAYS slacker and people sometimes take off early. They want to start training you on a day when they have the correct personnel there who are 'on' in their game, not thinking about leaving at 3 because they have a big barbecue to go to on Friday night.

Remember, you are there to support the company and make the company a better place; they are not there to make your life easier or to accomodate your schedule.

Congrats on your job - I hope this starts a new era of Cora-ness!!

laRubiaBonita

Yay!!!!

go ahead and start tmw. it will just be you filling out paperwork and meeting people that you won't remember the names of thurdsay :D

plus the HR may do only some days per week.

look at it as free money!

Congrats, Cora!!!

Start tomorrow. Bringing in a new employee on a Friday is a pain for a company, as Fridays are ALWAYS slacker and people sometimes take off early. They want to start training you on a day when they have the correct personnel there who are 'on' in their game, not thinking about leaving at 3 because they have a big barbecue to go to on Friday night.

Remember, you are there to support the company and make the company a better place; they are not there to make your life easier or to accommodate your schedule.

Agreed on all points.

Typically speaking, (I think) my firm has always had new attorneys and staff start on Tuesdays or Wednesdays for this very reason. :)

New jobs are always a lil' bit stressful, but this is so exciting!! :bunny:

• Author

Thanks guys! You are all right. I agreed to start tomorrow. Lots of paperwork to be filled out etc. I'm just so happy to have a job after being unemployed for so long and it's in a field in which I love! They already emailed me training material and such that I'm working on tonight. Thanks to everyone who gave me awesome advice! I'm very excited!